Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i took my bike into the shop and the dude there told me i needed a needed a new waterpump..i was like, ok whatever..he tells me later on that oh they didnt have a new on in stock, so its a used one and they had to reseal the refurbished one..ok bike runs for a couple weeks until i notice, hey look..theres some liquid leaking on the ground

it leaves about a half teaspoon of liquid every morning when i look at it.
whats the worse that could happen if i keep letting it leak/drip

ok, so what should i do? cuz i cant really afford to take the bike back into the shop right now

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well for one thing, if it started leaking after you took it in then they should fix the problem.

What exactly is the liquid?
If it's water and you continue to let it leak you'll end up starving your bike for coolant.
When you see it's leaking, take off the fairings and follow the trail. It'll lead you right to
the problem. Also don't forget to check your coolant level in your radiator.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, thats what it is. where should i go from here..i have a difficult time reaching this dude for repair..some people praise his work, while others just blast him for the shoddy workmanship and the lengthly delay they face when getting their bike fixed. but anyway, what should i do from here, just contiunually refill the coolant/water when it gets low?

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
did you pay with a credit card? cancel the payment.
then find someone that dosnt use used parts...

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I can't really tell form here looks like the pump seal is leaking.
if its the pump it'll leak slowly while running.
they have a small hole to let water pass when the gear seal goes bad and lets water past it its called a weep hole its a slow drip.
FIX IT RIGHT I rove my 97 trans am like this and the engine locked up on me the piump was way past needing replaced.
as it was doing the same thing. leaking through the weep hole
I learned the hard way. 6,000 dollars later I had the fastest pontiac in the city 5 months later it was repoed/!!!

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope, didnt pay w/ credit card, used cash..still got receipt for reference.
got the bike back about 2.5 or maybe 3 weeks ago

I can't really tell form here looks like the pump seal is leaking.
if its the pump it'll leak slowly while running.
they have a small hole to let water pass when the gear seal goes bad and lets water past it its called a weep hole its a slow drip.
FIX IT RIGHT I rove my 97 trans am like this and the engine locked up on me the piump was way past needing replaced.
as it was doing the same thing. leaking through the weep hole
I learned the hard way. 6,000 dollars later I had the fastest pontiac in the city 5 months later it was repoed/!!!
ok, so anyway i can fix this, should i just go and get a new water pump off ebay or something? or is there any temporary solution that i can do to save some money on repair.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, gotta see if i can find a manual of some sort. yea, i was thinking of doing that over the summer when school is finished. got couple more weeks to go, and i hope it can hold out til then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.