Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Is this fixable?

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Gixxervan1000 
#1 ·
I know, my bike is fugged. I have spares lying around to put it back together, I just need to know if it's possible first. The neck doesn't look tweaked from what I can see, but I'm sure it has to be for it to tuck that much. Either that, and/or the forks are bent. What should I do? Thnx in advanced.

See less See more
#2 ·
Doesn't look all that bad....The "Only" way to be sure the frame isn't bent in any areas..is to have it measured..looks like the sub frame may need replacing..as with the lower's..and cluster ect..

Looks like the bike was lowsided..?

Forks don't look all that bent...but I'm bettin the neck is...so it will need to be measured..ask at your local bike shops for a local frame straightening shop..I belive that GMD Computrac is no longer in Malpitas (sp) CA.

#4 ·
Your neck is tucked in, look at the front wheel touching the fairings. But the forks apear to be straight. Next look at the tight gap of the gas tank thats another sign if it being tweaked.

if you want to fix it youll need to send the bike to a frame repair shop like GMD or any other. There was a shop that charged 500-600 to pull and remachine the neck for larger head set bearings I forgot there name. With GMD your looking at spending 1000-1600

#5 ·
Thanks guys. There used to be the GMD Computrack down the street from my house in the Honda dealership. I think the dealership is going through some financial problems and so the GMD ain't open either. I was planning on swapping out the forks for some spare 600 forks just to see if the gap is still there, but I might as well have the whole thing checked out by a professional.

#7 ·
Good news. I found another Computrack about 15 minutes away from here and the guy said he'd check it out and fix it for $500. That sounds like a good price. I'm hoping that it's just the neck and not the forks too. I wouldn't want to shell out another $400 bucks to get those revalved/resprung as well. Or perhaps the frame guy could straighten those out as well. Is that possible?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.