Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, i currently own a 2003 zx6r and i im thinking to sell it and get a gsxr 750, i found a 2004 Yellow and black with 8700miles. it comes with a Scotts damper, yoshi pipe, tinted windshield and undertail with turn signals. The guy is asking for $6000 and i was hoping to talk him down to 5500 or so.

The bike is almost mint, it was dropped once very lightly and there is a small scratch on the tail and stator cover. no biggie for me.

What you think is that fair?

anything specific i should be looking at when inspecting the bike? common problems?

Attachments

Registered
the 03 636 is my dream bike. but the 750 is a sweet bike. personally i rather have the 636 since they discountinued it

Registered
:crying :crying :crying
lambo said:
the 03 636 is my dream bike. but the 750 is a sweet bike. personally i rather have the 636 since they discountinued it
You're crazy man, have you ever ridden a 750 OR a 636? I eat 636's all day. And by the way 636's are still in production, they're just uglier now. Riding wise (I've ridden both) the 636 feels slow as shit compared to the 750. The 750 takes off immediately (torque), whereas the 636 feels sluggish, though not near as much as a 600. I let my friend (636 owner) ride my bike the other day. He now wants to trade his bike in for a 750, or 1000 (that bastard).

Oh, by the way, hell yea that's a good deal. The dealer raped my ass ($8500 for a K5 with 2200 miles on it plus a whole bunch of fees :crying ), but oh well, financing is great, lol.

fucked with Dark Dilly and lost
lambo said:
could be the dumbest thing i've heard on gdc....

what ever price u get it for...that bike is da chit!!! DO IT....DO IT

6K IS FAIR BUT IF UR REALLY WANTIN A GOOD DEAL 5500 IS GREAT BUT DON'T EXPECT TO GET IT....

Premium Member
something else to consider; clean title or salvage title? I've heard of people rebuilding them and putting gauges with lower miles on it to sell it for more..I've also seen rebuilds of a clean titled bike that has been wrecked and put back together with clean plastics, etc....just something else to ask the dude and be aware of...there are some shady ass people rebuilding and selling bikes that do hackjobs that look 'clean'...but, maybe you already know these things....If not, try to find a friend or mechanic that can look it over for you and let you know if its a turd or not...

Banned
run the vin.

start it up and have him ride it around atleast. you can also check the steering stops on the lower triple tree. not that they mean its been wrecked, but it could help in noticing a few things. i'd think he just wants to sell it, and don't forget money talks, BS walks :)

Registered
TWISTED METAL said:
could be the dumbest thing i've heard on gdc....

what ever price u get it for...that bike is da chit!!! DO IT....DO IT

6K IS FAIR BUT IF UR REALLY WANTIN A GOOD DEAL 5500 IS GREAT BUT DON'T EXPECT TO GET IT....
how is it dumb? theres no more 636's in production. im just stating my opinions dude.

Registered
same. if it was between 636 and 600 636 no doubt. if it was 750 and 636, i would have to flip a coin. cause 04-05 gsxr and 03-04 636s are my favorite body styles

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, i actually went to see the bike and its in pretty good shape. Needs a clutch lever and a bar end.
However when we started it cold there was a ticking sound coming from the engine which went away once the bike warmed up. we took it to the dealer and they said its normal and that all gixxers do that?

I'm still debating and trying to sell my bike for now, im still not sure if i want to spend 6K right now. im expecting around 4k for my 636 and 2K i will have to add.

On a side note: Does the 2005 gsxr 600 comes with a stock damper like the 750?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.