Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I installed the TRS slip on exhaust and the powercommander, after all set and done, FI light comes on and the bike running just fine. Now i'm lazy to take the PC off the bike to see if it's just the exup valve causing this. Also FYI the throttle control registers on the PC.
Help me please.
Matt

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does your serial number start with 0504XXXXX?????

Have a look at the thread "Re: k5 power commander f.i light fix info"

Here's a quote from it... Not sure how to post it proper (sorry)

First, there is not a recall on the Power Commander for the 2005 GSXR1000. With certain modifications under hard acceleration the FI light may become indicated. This does not cause the bike to run any differently and it will not cause any damage or issues other than an annoying light.

If your Power Commander serial # starts with 0504xxxxxxx then this situation may occur. If your bike exhibits the FI light and the codes indicate 32,33,34,35 then you can send the unit back to us to have it inspected. Please give us a call at 800-992-4993 and either ask for myself of Phil. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience

This COULD b a 1st for me!.... ie Giving advice rather than lookin for help!!

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I don't remember what, it's in another thread I'm sure, but you gotta disconnect or splice a wire to the ECU when you remove the SET valve or your gonna get the light.. Was that done?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Go here: http://81x.com/bugman/gixxerprojects
When the page open look to the LEFT and Click on Exhaust / SET Valve.
Don't thank me thank bugman

NOTE: this info is for a 02 1000 not sure if it is the same as the K5 (you would think it is the same but, not sure).
I just did this yesterday on my 02 1000 after installing a Akrapovic EVO full exhaust.
Did it per bugmans instruction and everything works good - no warning lights of anykind.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
200 Posts
It sounds like you need to disconect the wire out of the ecu so that the fi light goes off. You should have gotton some instructions that came with the slip on that say this if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate all your help!
I did get the instructions but nothing about the FI light.
I think I'll be fine after after these.
Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts