Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can buy a usb to serial converter. It costs about $15. I have one and it works great to download to the power commander.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The fuel light used to come on around 114 miles from a full tank, now it starts blinking after 121 miles. Is the bike running too lean. Last month the dyno test showed some very slight lean spots around 7-8k rpm and 10-11k. Is it running too lean or has it got anything to do with the change in weather? This new laptop has only USB, firewire and some more complicated ports. No more good old parallel or serial ports in it. Can I connect my PCII with a USB to Parallel/serial port converter? (I know that this converter exists but I just don't seem to be able to find one. The old laptop is R.I.P and it's dead body is hidden in the attic from wife's prying eyes. I was only trying to fix it, then I couldn't shut the bloody thing
Officially it is gone in "part-exchange" for the new one

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by raz_biker:
How many miles from a full gas tank does it take till fuel warning light starts bliking on your bikes?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Anywhere from 90 to 110 miles..

·
Registered
781 Posts
I am getting about 124 miles. Should I start worrying? Is it running too lean? Got my USB to serial converter but f&*C%ing Windows XP would not accept it. Damn it all. I am going back to Windows 98.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
blinking light blinks away blinking at 80 or so miles. solid at say 100/110 miles, thats about as good as it gets, but i only used the bike for thrashing, and i thrashhhhhhhh !!!

best way i think to check is a co reading from the exhaust (i think).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts