Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i go out on rides with friends that have the same cc bike it seems like there bike are wayyyy faster than mine when they are at WOT or even on the street its like im having to shift faster because my RPMs shoot threw the roof 1 thru 3 gear ... i don't have stock gearing im -1 in the front and like +3 in the back .... could this be why my bike seems a little slower than everybody else or does this sound like a badly needed tune -up ????

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
could be that they are just in a lower gear, your gearing should pull rather hard since its the same gearing I use on my race bike.

when was your last tune up? do you notice any type of hesitation?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea it had a tune -up like 3 months ago ..... no hesitation it just seems like even during normal riding the bike just feels and sounds like i need to shift or else it just sounds like im riding in first gear all the way to red line .... hope i explained that to where ya can understand what im talking about .....

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
what year bike are they riding?

·
Registered
144 Posts
If your -1 and +3 you should be extremely fast. Its probably something else. Try a roll on against a buddie in 5th or 6th and see what the outcome is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts