Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it legal to have all your turn signals off...cause i see a lot of bikes around here with no signals.. and when you get a fender eliminator kit and put it on. you know how they dont have a license plate light is that legal?

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
In VA, you either have them on front and back or don't have them at all.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
I never had one oon mine and when I did stop for the cops, they never said anything.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
I never had one on mine and when I did stop for the cops, they never said anything.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
Depends on who you take it to. If you know the guy at the inspection joint, you'll have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i assume that it is pretty much illegal to not have any plate lights or turn signals in any state. but i have nothing at all on my bike, and i've never been haseled when ever i've been pulled over for something.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Plate light - depends on the cop who stops you and how you act towards him...

Blinkers - just plain stupid to ride without them. I have ridden bikes that didn't have blinkers (stock even) and it just sucks. Not letting cars know where you're going is just asking to get run over...
Of course you can just put your hand (or foot) out like on a bicycle but try doing that while braking and downshifting

Just get some smaller aftermarket blinkers, there are some nice ones out there

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
most states blinkers must be fitted need to be at least 10" apart on front and rear of bike. License plate must be visible for 100ft directly behind the vehicle and lighted at night.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
I don't run a license plate light since if you are behind me with your lights on it's pretty much lit up. I've seen guys wire a small LED just above the plate so cops won't fuck them. Since I have LED's in my pags, I (hopefully) won't get messed with by Johnny Law.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In VA they will hassle you for no license plate light. Especially if you mount your plate down kinda low on your undertail. SPR makes a great light -n - bolt. Mounts your plate to your bike and the bolts have little LEDs in them. Easy to put on and worth not getting a ticket.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It UT they wont pass you bike on inspections for not have the reflectors. How gay is that? I know its state law and all, but this isnt a bicycle that I am riding. I dont see a reason why it would be illegal for turn signals if you use hand signals, but who uses hand signals? If you got a cop behind you and you dont have turn signals, then I guess I would use hand signals.

·
Registered
720 Posts
you need lights on the plate unfortunately and turn signals are good for safety purposes , i'm not trying to sound like safety man here but they can be a good thing not to mention you did pay like 40-50 bucks for them if you have flushmounts , might as well make use of them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.