Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,152 Posts
Another consideration would be if it's dangerous for you. The linkage seems to be still intact, meaning that the STVA can still operate the secondary throttles. Unless you have specific reason to assume otherwise, this in turn means that it can override your input at any time and without warning. While you could address that by simply removing the STVA and the secondary plates, it might be a good idea to determine where the problem lies first, as it might be a relatively simple and cheap fix.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another consideration would be if it's dangerous for you. The linkage seems to be still intact, meaning that the STVA can still operate the secondary throttles. Unless you have specific reason to assume otherwise, this in turn means that it can override your input at any time and without warning. While you could address that by simply removing the STVA and the secondary plates, it might be a good idea to determine where the problem lies first, as it might be a relatively simple and cheap fix.
Hmm i get your point🤔 it runs flawless no sketcy behaviour at alls .....yet!
Its eastern here 1 day so i think i drive it to a suzuki shop and put theirs computer on and here what they says

·
3,152 Posts
If it happened after a big service, that's all the more reason to troubleshoot it. These things usually fail because either the solder joints of the stepper motor inside the actuator break, or because the gear train of the actuator got stripped or broke. While these things generally can happen at any point, therefore also during/after maintenance, it's probably more likely not to be a coincidence. Perhaps it's just a matter of the linkage having sprung out of joint, or some electrical problem. For instance, make sure that the couplers of the TPS and STPS weren't mixed up, especially if you can see the dash in dealer mode shift up and down during cycling.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,720 Posts
Ask TheGeek if he has any experience with K9.

"make sure that the couplers of the TPS and STPS weren't mixed up"
I'd like to think that Suzuki was smart enough to use connectors that wouldn't swap. Not so?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ask TheGeek if he has any experience with K9.

"make sure that the couplers of the TPS and STPS weren't mixed up"
I'd like to think that Suzuki was smart enough to use connectors that wouldn't swap. Not so?
The geek i has awesome knowledge but for the most on the older ones k1-k8 with mikuni stva...

Ive already spoken to him with som emails...so i ordered on on ebay today just in case mine is broken...going to measure the ohm en volt tomorrow:) i took off the pc5 today and still gets code and i was also told i would not be harmful for the engine to ride because the flaps are fully open for me so meanwhile im riding on🙂

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/183775278219

·
7,720 Posts
Suzuki doesn't sell the actuator separately. Were you able to confirm that the Kawasaki part is the same? Do they sell theirs separately? I'd expect that to be of interest to the K9 owners here. I see that the wire colors are different.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But i read something new on this page today i think maybe its the tps who is wrong because when i looked at a picture in dealer mode when i was doung it wrong i saw _C00 int the picture and the line befor C00 sholud be in the middle (-C00)so maybe there is nothing wrong at my stva perhaps🤔

·
3,152 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had once a problem with STVA sensor on 750k6 and them secondary throttles were going nuts, especially on idle being way too high where it was impossible to buy a cheap working one second hand and I had to buy some used secondary throttles set...
I'm not saying that's the problem but might be... :dunno

·
7,720 Posts
"I was under the impression that the TPS and STPS were essentially the same part. It seems that's indeed the case with my K4 and probably other older models but on the K9 they are different parts, with different connectors:"
This shows them as 13580-18G00 and 13580-47H00. They're different but I couldn't find good enough pics to comment on the connectors. I see what you're saying about K4 750. That's dumb as it invites an inadvertent swap. If I was you, I'd get a white marker and mark one of the sensors and its mating connector. Just a line or something. Interestingly K4 1000 uses different sensors - one has leads. My K6 1000 uses the same sensors.

"I found this here and u can search this also on google Keihin PN# SHP-35D101"
Interesting, there's one here with the sensor for $37 shipped.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts