Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. sorry to bother but can someone help me. been lookin on the site but cant find any info and its just taking too long... how can i tell if i got a 750 motor or a 600 motor? does it say it somewhere onthe block or what. thanks for any help.

whats to stop someone from sayin yeah ita 750 motor and sellin you a 600?? i mean the 750's have black radiators and the 600's have silver ones but you could change a radiator... how can one REALLY know?? someone help please?? thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Look on the clutch cover around the edge near the sight glass

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for your help. well as far as i can see they are exactly the same. only difference is the color of radiator and i assume the ecu but cant tell cuz the wiring harness is the same, & the front sprocket is 17 on 750 & 16 on a 600....but still cant find anything on the block like stamped or anything ?!?!? wierd ...i dunno..w ell thanks again all. i am going over my friends house tonight & he has two 750 engines & i will look at them closly to see if what i got is like them but they look EXACTLY like a 600 to me so i dunno..............hope i got a 750.....later

·
Registered
22 Posts
i mean the 750's have black radiators and the 600's have silver ones
My 750 has a silver rad... Maybe that changes by year. Do the 600/750s need different amounts of oil? (there for a diiferent number on the clutch cover)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i took a look at my friend's 750's & all 3 ( the one on bike & two spares) have a circle with an allen key hole in the middle that is just to the right of the clutch cover in silver while the 600's are black. that is the only difference i could find..nothin stamped on the block or head unless im blind. the only real way to tell in my opinion is to look at the throttle bodies...the 600 has small diameter cute ones while the 750's have bigger ones that look like they mean buisness...
they both take the same amount of oil and have the same #'s written on the clutch cover...say shaunr did u buy your 750 new?? u sure u got a 750?!?!? no no lol just messin with you.
well anyway thanks all for your replies... i got a silver circle next to my clutch cover and my throttle bodies don't look cute and little...i got a 750 YAY!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i dunno about the silver circle with the allen key hole anymore...some guy's sellin a 600 motor and its got the silver color so0o0o... i dunno...
i thought this was THE site...like evryone knew evrythin' about these gixxers? i dont know anything about bikes let alone specifics about the gixxer, but im buildin one! maybe i'll post in the streetfighter section cuz i got no money to build a pretty one wit farings. it will prolly look like somethin ugly out of madmax, but from what i hear & read 'bout these 750's & plus how light the bike will b im sure it will be more than i can handle. well later all

·
Registered
136 Posts
look on the title or find the code for the vin

·
Registered
349 Posts
Both heads have different motor mount hole locations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts