Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any experience with different weight motor oils in their sixxers?i saw an ad for a castrol cold start the other day- wondering if anyone has heard anything?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Don't cheap out. Go to your local Murray's or Autozone and get some motorcycle specific oil (AMSoil, Mobil Synthetic, etc., at like $8 a quart). What is an extra $4 a quart? Why would you want to put cheap oil in a high performance racing motorcycle? Would you put 79 cents a quart oil in your Lamborghini? I didn't think so...

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I personally run Mobil 1 MX4T 10W-40 (full synthetic) specifically made for four-cylinder motorcycles. It is $8 at Murray's and works great. Later,

·
Registered
187 Posts
im just put Mobil 1 in my bike and i can already tell a diff in just the engine noise.. it doesnt make have te noise that it used too..

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I use Golden Spectro 4 which is a semi-synthetic. Great oil! $6.49 a quart, but it is worth every $.01 to me!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Yeah synthetic is good oil .....BUT I'll just stick with my suzuki oil

·
Registered
505 Posts
I switched to full synthetic on my first oil change. Using a foreign oil since I'm in the middle east, it's called Fuchs Silkolene 15W-50 Pro 4. If you guys are concerned about the weight, I ride in 110F+ temps all day long! It was purple in color too....

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
I did my first 3 oil changes with regular Valvoline. On the 4th, I went to Motul Semi-Synth. It's nice oil, and dosen't cost a fortune, in the gallon jug it came out to be like 4-5 bucks a quart.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Why would you want to put cheap oil in a high performance racing motorcycle? Would you put 79 cents a quart oil in your Lamborghini? I didn't think so...

[/QUOTE]
+1

·
Registered
349 Posts
Why would you want to put cheap oil in a high performance racing motorcycle? Would you put 79 cents a quart oil in your Lamborghini? I didn't think so...
+1

[/QUOTE]

Hey, if your bike has less than 1500 miles its best to just use non-synthetic 10W-40 so that you can get proper break in. After 1500 miles go ahead and use whatever type of synthetic you prefer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
when i said cheap, i also said that is equal to mobil 1, as in a foreign oil, it wasnt meant to be takin as me tryin to skimp out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i dont see the point in running synthetic. Ran it in my R6 and didnt notice a difference. WHy do my cars still run perfect after 20 years of using regular oil? Even my dealer said the gixxers dont like synthetic.
i'll stick to the regular oil i use, i'll prob switch from belray to Motul but non synthetic and just change every 2500 miles like i always do.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
The guy I bought my bike from has been riding a 750 for a few years and said go full synthetic after the first 500 mile check and change. FWIW

·
Registered
209 Posts
I disagree. I didn't go syn until after 3600 (second change). The engine is still breaking in because I still got a decent amount of metal shavings on the oil plug. I used castrol gtx 10w40 during that period.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts