Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what point does the stock fuel petcock become inadequate and necessitate the installation of a Pingel? I had a Pingel on my '86 GSXR-750 and didn't mind the loss of the reserve and the manual shut off. I'm debating ordering one for my '97 1100. Any thoughts or suggestions are always appreciated. Thanks.

jason

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
When the OEM one leaks or has alot of play in it. Pingels are more dependable than OEM ones not requiring a vaccum and they do make one that has a reserve.Need I say anymore?
Bobbychet

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
my OEM was leaking and had alot of play in it, and got a Pingel, wouldnt go back to the OEM now.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Okay one more time. Don't buy the "Kit" buy the adapter and petcock seperately. Yes Virginia you CAN have a reserve. All Pingle petcocks have the same thread. So just thread a Reserve petcock into the GSXR adapter and Presto!

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
you'll also have to dremel the hole alittle where the adapter plate mounts to the tank to acomodate the filter screen,it's not much though.Don't forget to flush those metal filings outta your tank afterwards.
Bobbychet.

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
32GSXR-D-AH

3/8" NPT

Designed for the Suzuki GSXR 750, GSXR 1100 and Hayabusa. Please contact us for the required adapter plate.

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
through Pingel it was $100.00 including adapter plate
Get with Dwayne a Cycle Concepts and he can get you a better deal.
Bobbychet

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
through Pingel it was $100.00 including adapter plate
Get with Dwayne a Cycle Concepts and he can get you a better deal.
Bobbychet
Thanks for all of the input. The Pingel website is listing 32GSXR-D-AH-SPL on sale for $64.15. The adapter plate, A1702C-O, is $13.60. With shipping you probably end up close to $100.

Ah what's another $100 on the bike. It's cheaper then professional therapy.

jason

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
cool I fowarded this info to Knight so we'll have it for future reference

Bobbychet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts