Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious? I haven't decided on a slip on yet (high prices, long waits etc.) Don't really feel that this bike needs a full system at this point, the thing pulls like a freight train! So I'm considering just staying with the stock exhaust for the time being until I can make up my mind.

So my question is; Is a PCIIIusb with the revised stock map worth it to install on my bike? I don't think I'll be using the accelerator pump feature but just wondering if there will be any improvements with the revised map in areas like throttle response, smoothing out the on/off throttle inputs, mileage, performance increases etc.???

Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
551 Posts
worth it. it will smooth out a lot of that on/ off throttle response with a tre added.

·
Registered
493 Posts
id say especially low to mid range - stock suzukis are generally well fuelled up top so not much to be had there

forget about the tre though - they only work upto 50% throttle opening and mess up your fuelling big time as it thinks its in 5th all the time

some people are gonna diss me for that claiming they work great - on full throttle they do nothing at-all, if it works for you however - im pleased for ya...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys sounds like the way to go
One other question: Since I'm leaving the stock exhaust and SET (for now), will I get any FI error codes? Since I won't be pulling the wire?

I don't think I'll be doing the TRE mod. From what I've read here it doesn't sound like something I want to mess with, though I'm sure some people have had great experiences with it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
shouldnt get fi errors with stock setup and pc111

i took my set off and other mods and got custom mapped with no fi error

if you take the set off you will need to do simple wiring mod to negate fi error

just to let you know for your future reference i have the same bottom end power with the set off and it sounds better - many people are of the opinion that it has to be implemented by the manufacturers to meet strict noise emmision regs

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shouldnt get fi errors with stock setup and pc111

just to let you know for your future reference i have the same bottom end power with the set off and it sounds better - many people are of the opinion that it has to be implemented by the manufacturers to meet strict noise emmision regs
Now that's good info thank you! That's really my only gripe with the stock exhaust. It sounds decent just a bit too quiet, this "sounds" like it would do the trick until I get aftermarket happy. Thanks man for sharing that, was worried about low end power loss a little...

·
Registered
493 Posts
but with the set off it will need remapping to get the benefits of slightly increased top end and torque

·
Premium Member
41,723 Posts
If you leave the set valve in place and do nothing with it you will not get a code. However if you get a slip on that gets rid of the valve, you will have to either pull or cut the wire or you will get the code.

I made my TRE for my K3. I could tell a little difference and never had any issues with it. Would I do the TRE again...yes.

Get the usb. It has alot of features and addons you can do. I have the zero map on mine so when I go to get a bolt on ( I took out my set valve) I will be getting a custom map.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
but with the set off it will need remapping to get the benefits of slightly increased top end and torque
Do you think the slip-on map from DJ will work in the meanwhile?
I'm not quite so sure a PC3 is a worthwhile investment with a completely stock setup.

It should be noted that several people on here who have run the "Stock" and "Stock (revised)" maps off of DJ's website have reported that it actually runs worse.

·
Registered
493 Posts
for sure i would say using someone elses map is not the best way to realise max potential
i ran a map on mine which was a similar spec to my setup and it was rich just about everywhere with terrible delivery bogging down

my engine tuner created a custom map and now it is better than ever

one thiing i will say is to try different maps initially and see if it works for you - all you need is acces to a computer with a usb lead

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes it is worth it. Stock is lean, especially mid-range. Look at the stock map off of the powercommander.com site. They've richened the fueling quite a bit even for the stock bike. I installed the PCIIIusb on my stock K3 and it made it into even more of an animal than it was. Also 1st and 2nd gear is much more usable in the twisties because it's much smoother and controllable. I've rejetted every bike I've own in the past 20+ years, and getting the fueling right makes the bike run better and more enjoyable, even more so than exhaust systems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts