Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unsure if I should pull through with this deal because of the high mile on the bike. I heard the bike can last forever if the maintenance is done properly and on time. When I spoke to the seller he said he had done all the maintenance it needs and added new tires as well. But another thing that is on my mind is that is 4000 good deal for this bike with these miles mostly because the motorcycle market is inflated. I just need an opinion on this because I don't want to make a mistake on a purchase and feel dumb in the end.

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
not if its been well maintained zero issue or light cosmetic issue bike, sure why not? at 38k a lo can be ready to be replaced, cables, clutch packs, check compression, chans sprox all that are common, fuel system prolly needs cleaning or flushing, injectors serviced.. its at that point, definitely valve lash adjustment..

if its a well taken care of bike with premium oil used and changed regularly it can be a fine bike, and in today's environment $4k would be considered a deal for a minter, not bad or OK for mild upkeep needed bike and normal for a bike that needs light upkeep... mild being, tires, chian/srpox, valve adjustment, brake pads, those type of things. light upkeep would be say detailing, fluids need servicing so forth and mint of course is needs nothing and is very clean in great shape..

look for signs its been down, scrapes on hard parts, cases, bolts, axle nuts and adjusters, rear sets, all the things that touch when you lowside.. also inspect well and see which bolts have been removed specially engine mount bolts what not

look for the things you can see when someone beats the dog hair offen em... dents to the underside of the nose cowl where the front fender hits when landing wheelies hard.. rubber stuck to the front and rear fender, poor running, stumble off idle, poor performance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not if its been well maintained zero issue or light cosmetic issue bike, sure why not? at 38k a lo can be ready to be replaced, cables, clutch packs, check compression, chans sprox all that are common, fuel system prolly needs cleaning or flushing, injectors serviced.. its at that point, definitely valve lash adjustment..

if its a well taken care of bike with premium oil used and changed regularly it can be a fine bike, and in today's environment $4k would be considered a deal for a minter, not bad or OK for mild upkeep needed bike and normal for a bike that needs light upkeep... mild being, tires, chian/srpox, valve adjustment, brake pads, those type of things. light upkeep would be say detailing, fluids need servicing so forth and mint of course is needs nothing and is very clean in great shape..

look for signs its been down, scrapes on hard parts, cases, bolts, axle nuts and adjusters, rear sets, all the things that touch when you lowside.. also inspect well and see which bolts have been removed specially engine mount bolts what not

look for the things you can see when someone beats the dog hair offen em... dents to the underside of the nose cowl where the front fender hits when landing wheelies hard.. rubber stuck to the front and rear fender, poor running, stumble off idle, poor performance
Thank you I'll definitely keep that in mind when checking out the bike.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good deal here, 600's average $4500-$7000 asking prices here, Salt Lake City area. A new one could be over $15K out the door with tax. license, dealer adds and service contract.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts