Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is $2500 for a \'92 GSXR 750 a good price?

I have a buddy that knows someone at a dealership that have old gixxers and there's some 92's that look good to ride for about $2500, but I wanted to know if it cost to much to fix up and maintain a 10 year old bike. I would love to work on it, I think it's worth it but I never worked on a 92... any suggestions?

[ 11-01-2002, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: gixxerARG ]

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Re: Is $2500 for a \'92 GSXR 750 a good price?

Unless it is exceedingly high miles ore abused beyond repair $2500 is a good price. Things to look at before you buy it are ...

...fork seals, rear shock (is it stock or a better aftermarket shock), gaskets on the motor (check for weeping oil), Brake rotor thickness/warpage, brake pad thickness, tires, dents in the rims, chain/sprockets...

...did the dealer give it a service?

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

The old GIXXERS are great bikes. The only cash I have spent on my 91 is on stuff that is really not necessary, just stuff to customize and make it unique. I paid about $3000 for mine 2 1/2 yrs ago. If the bike is in good shape that is a good price. And besides with the OC motor no dam radiator to mess with. OLD SKOOL RULES!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Cool man thanx!!!! That's a very nice and well maintained bike... congrats!! Hope they give you a good deal for it... Too bad your in Michigan... I'd buy it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts