Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

Does anyone know if the fork legs from a 750 (inverted) can be used in a 1989 1100 clamps?

Will the wheel & brakes fit?

Cheers.

C.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Straight answer is no. 750 inverted fork leg at the clamp measure 5xmm (50 or 52?) and the 89 1100 right side up forks were 4xmm (43 pretty sure?). Therefore not a straight fit and then you are modding pieces to fit wheels brakes below.

Try and locate the inverted forks clamps and all will bolt in as an assembly. Putting the 750 forks in there will change the 1100 steering figures as those 750 forks are a little shorter than the 1100 and can only be slid down so much.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I did a pretty good search, including the interchange sticky, but could not get around the right info.

I´ll try to look for a set... if at all.

Does the inverted fork work much better than the "standard" fork, or does it provide any advantage (in addition to the looks)?

C.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
the front wheel and calipers will work, but the forks, triple clamps, bars and fender will be different/required.

if you have fairings, it's best to buy the 1990-1998 gsxr 1100 upside/inverted front-end, since the handle bars are mounted above the triple clamps, whereas, the 750's handle bars are mounted underneath the top triple clamp. otherwise, the handle bars will hit the fairing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the front wheel and calipers will work, but the forks, triple clamps, bars and fender will be different/required.

if you have fairings, it's best to buy the 1990-1998 gsxr 1100 upside/inverted front-end, since the handle bars are mounted above the triple clamps, whereas, the 750's handle bars are mounted underneath the top triple clamp. otherwise, the handle bars will hit the fairing.
Thank you!

I managed to find some 1990 inverted forks and the triple clamps. I guess these are the ones you referred to right?

Will my ´89 wheels & brakes (& the rest of the bike) work with these?

Thank you!

C.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need help, please. Can someone confirm if these 1100 1990 forks will fit my 1989 1100 bike?

They are quite cheap, and I´ll lose them if I don´t give a fast reply.

Thank u!

C.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
yes, those 1100 forks will work on your 89 1100, but like ghostrider mentioned, you will also need a complete set of triple clamps, handle bars, front fender, and front axle (your axle will work, but it is a bit shorter).

it's best to buy a complete set, or just begin buying the parts separately.

your 89 1100 stock front end should be fine, unless you are really pushing/racing, or are having issues/problems. USD front ends do make a handling improvement, especially compared to the stock first gens (41mm forks, no real adjustments and 18inch wheels), which is why i converted all of my first gen 750's to USD front ends.

here is a recent foto of one of my first gen 750's, when i was fitting a new front tire. it's best to buy a complete front-end. the 750 and 1100 triple clamps are different and NOT interchange-able.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Anyone put 07 1k frt and rear end on a 86 750? Parts sorta fell in my lap so I bought em. I bought them complete, triple clamps, brakes, wheels/tires..I have a lathe and mill so making stuff is no issue.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Anyone put 07 1k frt and rear end on a 86 750? Parts sorta fell in my lap so I bought em. I bought them complete, triple clamps, brakes, wheels/tires..I have a lathe and mill so making stuff is no issue.
Well ive seen a 86 with a 07 front end on it, what im most concerned about is its geometry as im not too hip on bike stuff. Going to measure frame width today to see if the 07 swingarm can even fit. These new parts are damn light :banana

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
Bunkman
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing