Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After last winter, when I started up my bike I noticed a small puddle created by fuel dripping for the couple minutes the bike was on. I turned it off and had it towed to a shop where they looked for the source of the leak, but could not reproduce. Last month, I took the bike in again to get some suspension tuning, etc, for some track days. The bike was in the shop for 5-6 weeks. When I picked it up, after riding for 5min I smelled and noticed fuel dripping to the ground again. I pulled over to take the attached video. Since that video, I have no seen any further leaking or dripping....what could be happening?! It seems like it's coming from somewhere near the throttle bodies. I have not yet taking everything apart to look for the source....Does anyone have a guess what could be going wrong? It's so strange that the leak stops after the first incident...and returns after some weeks of not riding. Any advice, help, or direction is very appreciated - I'm not a mechanic and it is hard for me to take the bike in again, unless I have to.

Thank you!
Dimitry
2006 GSXR600

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I use those squeeze/compression clamps on irrigation pipe. Wouldn't think those are stock for a moment.......Been rigged
I also usually double them up...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use those squeeze/compression clamps on irrigation pipe. Wouldn't think those are stock for a moment.......Been rigged
I also usually double them up...
Ugh, crap. I had engine problems (mouse built a nest in it) like 6 years ago, I didn't realize the mechanic changed out fuel lines. I wonder why it has only become a problem this year...I guess I need to replace with the OEM lines? Do you know how involved of a project this is for a beginner at bike maintenance? I was hoping my first project could be an oil change myself, rather than swapping out fuel lines...

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Nvm Maybe...Just peeped Ebay , and they have it...So. Dunno. Maybe
be new fuel line ,and re-double clamp it 180°out if possible

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Irrigation supply should have those clamps if a car parts place doesn't. Also need the tool. Irrigation supply should have that. Tile nips. I believe they are one and the same tool., clamps, fuel hose, tile nips. Probably less than $30 total.
Some places wont sell the clamps seperately. You'll have hundreds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Irrigation supply should have those clamps if a car parts place doesn't. Also need the tool. Irrigation supply should have that. Tile nips. I believe they are one and the same tool., clamps, fuel hose, tile nips. Probably less than $30 total.
Some places wont sell the clamps seperately. You'll have hundreds.
Ok, I'm sure I can find the clamps somewhere, and the hose is easy to look up. I'll have to find a video somewhere online to learn how to do this, take apart the bike to reach these areas....What are the tile nips for?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Yeah. Not able to post on Gsx-R sister site. For what ever reason, but...the guy whom seams to be helping you is wrong about # 18# #19 parts. Can see them clearly in your vid..not leaking. He's confused, as I was about those type of clamps..on factory parts I think

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah. Not able to post on Gsx-R sister site. For what ever reason, but...the guy whom seams to be helping you is wrong about # 18# #19 parts. Can see them clearly in your vid..not leaking. He's confused, as I was about those type of clamps..on factory parts I think
I don't understand. So you think the fuel line is not the problem? So I just need extra clamps? Parts #18 and #19 is a new line and new clamps. Do you think I just need more clamps than currently there?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
The fuel rail end of the fuel line he speaks of #18 #19 can be seen at the top of the screen. It's a quick disconnect.
Confusing the two. The leak, appears to be on just a link between for the rail assembly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The fuel rail end of the fuel line he speaks of #18 #19 can be seen at the top of the screen. It's a quick disconnect.
Confusing the two. The leak, appears to be on just a link between for the rail assembly.
Thanks. I think this image shows what you mean. Do you know what hose the leak is on? Is it a different part I need to order? Or you think just new / extra clamps is all I need?
Untitled.png

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
#1 is an assembly. The whole thing. Beyond your current skill level. Good news is. Its just the fuel line part that appears to be leaking. That can be done fairly cheap, and way less hassle.
Might be a dif year , but best pic I could find.
The pipe on the top heads to the fuel pump #18 #19. You seam to be leaking at the link on the rail.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
#1 is an assembly. The whole thing. Beyond your current skill level. Good news is. Its just the fuel line part that appears to be leaking. That can be done fairly cheap, and way less hassle.
Might be a dif year , but best pic I could find.
The pipe on the top heads to the fuel pump #18 #19. You seam to be leaking at the link on the rail.

View attachment 568961
Makes sense. Thank you. I think my best option is to prop open the tank and try to get a better picture of which line exactly is leaking. I'll update back if I get more information.

Very strange to me that the leak only happens for a short period, that it did not continue to leak after first 10 minutes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts