Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've thought about getting licensed and owning for years, but can't decide. I would like to have some input on the following. I know this is State specific, but I'm looking for general info. I live in NJ by the way and my main interest would be for defense.

1. Situation where you shoot someone and are accused of using unnecessary force or poor judgement.

2. Getting in trouble or it being a hassle during a traffic stop/ traveling/work etc.

3. Knowing when it is/isn't ok to pull the gun out? Is there certain criteria that has to be met?

Is it a bad idea to use rubber bullets instead? I would think this would work well in a defense situation as to prevent any legal issues.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
nj is not the most firearm friendly state.

1-it depends on the situation, but think about this, how can you prove you were using the appropriate force necessary if the other person is dead?
2-i believe getting a concealed carry permit is extremely hard to obtain in nj, so you would probably never come across this situation
3-refer to #1

if it is for home defense, save yourself time and effort, and get a rifle/shotgun

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Since you live in NJ about the only things that wont get you thrown in jail are pepper spray or a rape whistle.

Get a shotgun and call it a day. Even though I keep my pistol near my bed I would still go for my shotgun if I could just because I feel more confident with it. Pistol takes a lot of time and a lot f rounds to be a good shot.

First time I have ever heard someone suggest using rubber bullets to protects themselves or their family though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
before you go get your permit, go take a class or two, or go talk to the probate judge that issues permits. I had similar concerns when I first started carrying, my probate judge was more than willing to answer all my questions, about the limits of the permit and different situations. you'd be surprised how many judges will take the time to educate there constituents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts