Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interchangeable stator covers? "96 & "99\'s

Are the stator covers for the "96 & "99 GSX-R 750's interchangeable, or is it only "96 & "97?

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Re: Interchangeable stator covers? "96 & "99\'s

try ron ayres they will know and be able to give you a price at least then you can check new and 2nd hand prices
but i would consider a woodcraft or aftermarket one...depending on price obviously

i would think they are generic from 96-99 but i'm not sure so check it out

·
Registered
5,804 Posts

ron ayres is in the top right hand corner of this screen btw just click the logo and shoot them an e'mail

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

GIXXERUK...
Thanks again mate.
I dropped an e-mail over there, and will be awaiting a response. Someone over in the classified forum has a cover for me, but I am sort of getting the feeling that it's from a "99. Thing is he's close to me, and would make this so quick & simple. Plus the savings! At this price, OEM will do for the moment

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

PROMPT & COURTEOUS REPLY...

Hi,
The clutch covers for 96-99 GSXR750's are interchangeable.
All we sell is stock parts.

Thanks
Chip Spalding
RonAyers.com
1800-888-3084

·
Registered
2,091 Posts

The clutch cover should be the same, but I am pretty sure the stator cover changed in '98 w/ FI. My dealer said the part number changed in '98 for the stator.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts

I think the stator covers are the same but the FI has a better stator... I think

John

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Well shit... #1: In retrospect, looking back at Skip's answer from Ron Ayers it is talking about "clutch covers". I specifically asked him about "stator covers"... On that interchangeable information I found a used "99 stator cover from this board locally, and will be installing as soon as someone will pick my ass up to go get gaskets (god this sucks staring at my bike
)

#2 TUBEDRIVEN... I hope not b/c I just shelled out $30 on a frigin "99 stator cover for my "96, and if it doesn't fit... I'm screwed!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts

You should be fine.. the motor case is the same, there is no reason for them to change the cover, but I could see them changing the output of the stator.

John

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Yah, from matching the parts after disassembly it looks to be the same, but I'm far from "OK" as my PM indicates.
I opened her up, and didn't like what I saw.
Some of the magnets are slightly chipped, and I'd even put it back together like that w/a good cleaning, but one of the frigin allen heads that hold the coil to the cover has a damaged face. A smaller wrench nor the right one fit, and I don't have a drill here!
I don't want to have to drill it! I may just try a lock wrench on the head
... Any one know what that big bolt right in the middle is for? Mine was finger loose! Crashing is
!!!

[ 01-14-2003, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Melampus... ]

·
Registered
2,091 Posts

Okay, I found out for sure. GSXR-Freak is right. The stator cover is the same, but the stator itself is different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts