Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://clearalternatives.com/new.htm

I was wondering if anyone has this on their bike, if so, are you happy with it? and do you recommend?
I want to get this for my 05' 750 but would like to hear some feedback about the product first, before the $$$$$ leaves my pocket.

·
Registered
144 Posts
WElll I just went and bought Mine yersterday, Really Simple Instalation, Besides havin to take the dam tail off. But so Far So Good. I paid 90 With Tax form My local Bike shop.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have one on mine. I like it a lot.

Easy installation, works well, you can actually see the turn signals from behind with no problem, etc., etc. It's a pretty good 'fender eliminator' if you want to call it that. The only thing is, you need to find a way to mount your license plate. I just took the factory metal strip it bolts to, and bent it up a bit, then drilled it through the undertail with a bolt. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got mine...but i think that it looks like an altezza light. I was wondering if there was anyone on here that could post up some pics of this.

Don't get me wrong, I love the lights but I'm not too sure about the lens. I know tinting it red would defeat the purpose but would it look cleaner?

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
i got mine from http://www.vfxkits.com. it's very bright, has lots of animations/special effects, and many different brake light and turn signal animations as well. pretty cool.. definitely more expensive though.

it's also still a red lens, not clear. i don't think you can use a red lens with the clear alternatives setup; those are red led's?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I saw some guy with a CBR600 with these installed. When he hit is brakes and then turned on his turn signal, I could barely tell the integrated signal was flashing.

Might be better for the Gixxer, but I didn't like them. The thought of someone not seeing me stopped or signaling on my bike scares me. I'll stick with what I know is well visible.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i got mine from http://www.vfxkits.com. it's very bright, has lots of animations/special effects, and many different brake light and turn signal animations as well. pretty cool.. definitely more expensive though.

it's also still a red lens, not clear. i don't think you can use a red lens with the clear alternatives setup; those are red led's?
I would love to see this but the link doesnt work...please fix.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have them on my bike and I was told that it wont pass inspection in PA with the turnsignal integrated into the brake light. So you might have to look around to find a place to inspect it in pa. Mine is supposed to get inspected tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed for me.

·
Mama Bear
17,836 Posts
I had the clear alternaitves taillight on my 04 750 (that was stolen) and I loved it. I also had the hot bodies undertail w/ led turnsignals, it was VERY noticable. Try www.kneedraggers.com for a decent price.

Here's a pic of my old bike with it on. RIP 04 Gixxy

·
Registered
88 Posts
my brother has one on his 04 600 and like stated earlier, riding behind him sucks cause you have to really look to see if the signal is on during the day. It looks really cool but unless someone is looking at it they may not notice the turn signals. Yes, it is a sports bike and you can accelerate or slow down more than fast enough to get in anywhere or make your own openings but it's still nice when it's highly visible.
Also, with the garage door closed and my stock tail-light 04 next to his mine are brighter (maybe due to the small leds they use in the clear alternatives)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts