Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am new to GIXXER. I have decided to go for the new 05 GSXR 1000. I have about been turned off from the plan after Progressive quoted me $5,698 for a 12 month policy. I thought I was in the Twilight Zone. Im 32 years old married with two kids No tickets, No accidents. In the DFW TX area.

I was hopeing others here could tell me what they pay, and from where. So I can afford to get this bike.

Thanks Bill

· Registered
132 Posts
i have progressive also there high but im moving and well its a long story.
im paying 75 a month but its in storage till i move back from hawaii in june.
they were charging 1789 for full im also 32 married no tickets or anything.
try state farm there the lowest around i could find like 20-50 a month for full depends.
but you will have to have a car insured also or it doubles the price

· Registered
231 Posts
state farm all the way baby!!! some say that you have
to have your car or cars with them but i am not for sure. i know that if you do then switch them because the are probally cheaper to!! if they are not you still save alot. I pay 480.00 a year full coverage with 50 dollar duc. both comp and coll.

· Registered
132 Posts
well i had them but right now im moving (im in the army) so my car is here and my bike is in IL and the truck is in SC so state farm said wait till i get to OK and contact a local agent

· Registered
41 Posts
I pay 168.00 for full coverage with a 500.00 deductible for 6 months with state farm. I am 40 yrs old, single, no kids, no accidents (that were recorded,
) & no tickets (knock on wood). I have had state farm for 24 yrs now and I can't find anyone cheaper. Not that I have a reason to change from them now. They rock for sure.

· Registered
147 Posts
I have California Casualty. I currently pay $32 dollars full coverage a month for my 01 748s, and I will be paying $43.00 a month full coverage for the K5 gixxer1k.

I'm 25, single, no accidents on record, no tickets, been riding for 8 yrs, 3 in the USA. Oh yeah, and $250 deductibles.

· Registered
545 Posts
I got a quote just like that from Progressive last year. I was able to get insurance from a company called Foremost 1-800-532-4221 (I used a local agent) for about $1400 /yr. I have since switched to State farm, and pay a ridiculously low rate like most other people that are insured with them. However, State Farm would not offer me a competitive rate a year ago, so maybe Foremost would be worth a call. Good luck
Oh... and I hate to start this idea
, but this wouldn't happen to be your first bike, would it?

· Registered
452 Posts
I to have State Farm. For my K5 1k I pay $32/month full coverage. I'm 31 married, no kids, 1 speeding ticket, and 1 at fault accident. I do also have all my other automotive insurance through them (cars and other bike)

· Registered
730 Posts
I have Progressive also...

Whan I called to swap ins. from my 03 1000 to the 05 1000 it went up 50 bucks to 680/yr, that coverage is the bare minimum to get it on the street. When I asked for a quote for full coverage and theft they came back with $15,000 per year... Yes that's correct, you read it right, it's not a typo....$15,000

I can only assume they are trying to drop sportbikes altogether...

· Registered
212 Posts
I'm with State Farm also. $93 a month with $250 deduct, 34yrs old, married, other vihecle insured with SF and a few speeding tickets. 50/100 property/personal coverage.

· Registered
686 Posts
state farm all the way baby!!! some say that you have
to have your car or cars with them but i am not for sure. i know that if you do then switch them because the are probally cheaper to!! if they are not you still save alot. I pay 480.00 a year full coverage with 50 dollar duc. both comp and coll.
Diddo dat!!!!!! I go State Farm across the board. 34, married. we got a multiline of one cage, two bikes and renters insurance. Gixxer K5 1K is relatively cheap at around $35/month and my Victory Vegas is at around $45. State Farm makes the silly mistake of going off of the engines cc size which is why my slow ass Vegas is more. Go figure!

· Registered
5,165 Posts
This sucks!
I'm paying $1250 a year for full coverage with progressive. After reading these posts I've been trying to get a quote from state farm for the past 3 days. Tried two different agents and just can't even get a quote back... Everywhere else I've ever checked was WAY more than progressive... I gotta get summa this $40 a month shit...

· Registered
187 Posts
State Farm here in NJ............... $482.00 full coverage I also have auto ins. with them. They saved me about $700.00 if I would have went with rider.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks To all. State Farm and you all gave me the opportunity to get this bike. I ended up getting an 2002 Yamaha FZ1 with 7900 miles at 2.9 intrest. through the credit union. In great shape. seems to only need a new back tire. Which im taking in tomaro for a new Dunlop 208. As thats whats on it now.

I ended up insured with State Farm for $744 a year $62 a month. I'll be getting my MC license Monday. After one year they say it should drop to around $432. a year.

Thank you all once again. There should be a sticky at the top of the forum. To let everyone know what insurance co's are sport bike frindly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.