Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who does everyone use to insure their bikes? progressive seems to have ads everywhere but they aren't availible in Massachusetts. I have gotten some quotes from Feitelberg Insurance based out of Mass, does anyone use them? Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I use State Farm and have never had a problem.Cheap too.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Progressive- $1300
State Farm- $260
American Family- (they just laughed at me)

..the catch: must insure a vehicle with SF. This is my 2 cents from my experience.

ken

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just checked state farm's site, doesn't look like they offer coverage in MA. i do have a second vehicle that i'm going to start paying insurance on, so a discount on a bike and a car would be great. any other recommendations?

[ 02-03-2003, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: sixstang ]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, but they don't offer insurance in Mass either. this sucks, so far i've only run across one company that offers coverage here.

G

·
Move down to Miami where they will insure....with a starting payment of $1,173 (Geico Cycle-Gard) but I am only 18. They were the ones to quote me the least expensive insurance with $250 Collition Deductible and $500 Comprehensive Deductible. Good Luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn $1200? the one company i got quoted by told me around 850 for a brand new ducati 620sport (i do live in suburbia tho). although you pay 1200 and get to ride all year, i'll pay the 850 and i won't be able to ride 3-4 months because of the weather.

[ 02-03-2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: sixstang ]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by sixstang:
neither cover mass riders. starting to look like i don't have much of a choice.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">move to maine? I lived there, its quite beautiful!

or better yet, how about here in San Diego... its a nippy 70 outside, but should warm a little thru the week!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its raining and cold here. well at least the skiing is decent up north. must suck in that freezing weather out west

[ 02-04-2003, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: sixstang ]

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
just got home from my State Farm agent an hour ago. I paid $290. for the whole year! I am happy as F. as mentioned above, I had to insure my 2 cars, and also got a life policy.I told her that it was a sport-bike, because it sounded too good to be true. She said they just charge by the C.C. when carrying multiple policies.
I just canceled my Progressive plan, it was going up to $1,479. the new year
Can you say "go fuck yourself"

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Originally posted by 6gix:
just got home from my State Farm agent an hour ago. I paid $290. for the whole year! I am happy as F. as mentioned above, I had to insure my 2 cars, and also got a life policy.I told her that it was a sport-bike, because it sounded too good to be true. She said they just charge by the C.C. when carrying multiple policies.
I just canceled my Progressive plan, it was going up to $1,479. the new year
Can you say "go fuck yourself"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">wow $290 I don't think I'll be seeing those prices anywhere here in NYC. BTW today I called geico and they said .

Geico: Sir, we currently cannot give you a policy due to your driving record.
Me:

Geico: It seems your license was suspeded back in september of 2002.
Me: oh yea thats right . So i cannot get any insurance .
Geico: nope cant help you there .

Later today I called my moms insurance to add a 3rd vehicle to her policy and take away one and Allstate agent said that they might ask for my license .
not a good thing. So tomorrow morning MY ASS IS OFF TO THE DMV and I'm changin my license adress to where my uncle lives in NYC because this is ridiculous! From what the allstate agent said my parents Insurance will go up to 2,400 every 6 months if I continue to have same address , his advice change IT QUICK !!!.
he's cool though good looking out IRA . INSURANCE COMPANIES BLOW BIG TIME

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I just paid, wait for it...........

$213 full coverage on my SRAD with $50 deductable

OK - so I'm 38 and have a clean record (god knows how), but even so, I am very happy.

This is through GMAC, so you might want give them a try.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Check on Foremost Insurance. That's what I have. Its basically a subdivision of Farmer's Insurance, but for motorcycles. Maybe they have it where you live. I don't know really. Just throwing it out there.

[ 02-08-2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: AzGixxxer ]

·
Registered
276 Posts
does State Farm do cycle insurance in VA...haven't got really the time to go there yet workin two jobs and goin to school tryin to get my gix

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Man, I am having one hell of a time finding insurance. I'm still trying to get ahold of rpiinsurance (which is now farmers). Here is what I have so far:
I currently have Erie Insurance and they don't do motorcycles.
Progressive $5200
AllState $3000
Geico $Nope
StateFarm $Nope (they have to have my car insured there first)

I still have American Family, but I don't think they are going to do it and motorcycleservices is currently updating their system for OHIO.

I really want full coverage, but they are really getting tough on sport bikes nowadays. Damn bikerboyz doesn't help either!

Anyone else have any ideas?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts