Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
976 Posts
out the butt. 19 with an R bike= yer gonna get it with no lube or reach around. You'll be a bit better off since it will be a used bike and your clean record but not much. Your best bet is probably going to be to try to get the bike on your parents insurance. Just don't screw them if they agree. If you want to see prices going alone just check out the net. All the major companies offer a price quote feature on their sites. Also, don't be afraid to try some of the small local companies, they may not be quite as good as the major carriers but they usually are pretty good and the price differnece is usually really nice.
Hope that helps some.

· Registered
2,010 Posts
agree with others.

you might want to check on how much it will cost you in the first place instead of buying the bike first and get insurance later.

Also, if this is your first bike, which i am assuming it is since you are asking about insurance, i would read the stickies.

· Registered
122 Posts
It might not be of much relevance, as I am quite a bit older than you at 27, and also married with a clean record, but ins. on my 05 Gixxer 600 is $13 a month for full coverage through State Farm. I had a Gixxer 750 when I was 21 with a not so clean record and then it was $39 a month. The trick with them is insure your car/cars, rental insurance or whatever with them as well. They give huge discounts for multiple policy holders.
Good luck though, some can be outrageous. Shop around would be my advice, and get all of your quotes in writing. It is funny how some companies will change from one day to the next.
Also, if you think that I live in some remote place with low rates, you would be wrong. I live in Denver, and the metro area has about 3,000,000 people, and is considered high risk for bike theft, etc.
If you finance though, try to get some sort of gap insurance. Some will say it is unecessary, but if you total your bike, you might find yourself holding the balance to pay off with nothing to show for it.
Good luck.
On a side note, I have known people who worked a second job just to support their "habit."

· Registered
176 Posts
I am 21 and have 3 points and pay $115 a month on a 2001 1000 gsxr. when I was 17 I had 11 points and paid about the same $130/month on a 2000 600 gsxr. points droped, motor got bigger, cost remained the same. check out a local progressive agent or call progressives 800 #. They hooked me up. Also, I have never carried full coverage. Just liability and comprehensive( theft , fire , vandalism).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.