Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Well my wheel is now at the Bike shop to have a new tyre fitted and today I am going to get some more quotes on insurance. So far I have been quoted 15 quid a month for 3rd party insurance. This sounds reasonable to me. What do you guys think? Which insurance companies can you recommend?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Glad you are getting the wheel on!! And it is a nice day down here, whoo hoo.
£15 a month is great imo, i am with Carole Nash who also includes roadside recovery and i pay £450 a year, but i am only 24 and i have only held a full licence for 2 years so not surprised

I'd go with the £15, and break that rubber in

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it insured through Benetts and have a booking for MOT on Monday and you are rite the weather is perfect for riding.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm 25 with a £5k bike and 3 years NCB.
I am with H&R and I am paying £530 fully comp with a delcared non OE exhaust. Just got that week so its a current quote as well. The were only £360 for my old bike TPFT last year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
coullstar2 said:
I'm 25 with a £5k bike and 3 years NCB.
I am with H&R and I am paying £530 fully comp with a delcared non OE exhaust. Just got that week so its a current quote as well. The were only £360 for my old bike TPFT last year.
I would say H&R as well, 32, no NCB (only been passed since sept) 3points and DR10
from a car licence and only £350 TPFT.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pretty expensive it seems. I'm 26, been riding for +- 2years now and I have the new 600. Clean insurance (for car as well: 8 years) My insurance costs me 275Euro/year or +- 200£

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm 36, Have had my license since 1985, the bike is 18 years old and as I have only recently moved to the UK my no claim bonus does not count. For straight third party only I'll pay £45.00 deposit and £12.05 a month. That equates to £189.90 a year. I think that is quite reasonable.
Does anyone know what the road tax will be for an old gixxer like this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can't belive how cheap you can get insure for, I'm paying £580 TPFT for my GSX-R and RS with MCE.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
micky750 said:
I can't belive how cheap you can get insure for, I'm paying £580 TPFT for my GSX-R and RS with MCE.
I guess it's about the only advantage of getting older.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Aksman said:
I'm 36, Have had my license since 1985, the bike is 18 years old and as I have only recently moved to the UK my no claim bonus does not count. For straight third party only I'll pay £45.00 deposit and £12.05 a month. That equates to £189.90 a year. I think that is quite reasonable.
Does anyone know what the road tax will be for an old gixxer like this?
£60 I think for a year.

·
Registered
37 Posts
44 years old,22 years riding,7 years NCB.'01 GSXR1K £350 fully comp with CIA insurance.Actually came down £45 this year!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
i pay £385/year for a gixxer thou k2, 32 years old, with 6years ncb. only TPF&T though.

i used to have the R1 and the insurance jumped £50 for the gixxer - bummer!

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
5 years NCB, 29 years old and 6 points on a 97 Gix750 is £320 TPF&T.

My mate who is 30 but with the same points etc. has just been quoted £207 on his TL-R from Mitchells

1 - 20 of 30 Posts