Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious what others are paying for full coverage on theyre K5's. I was quoted 850 year with farmers. I'm 46 with clean record living in ca. Actually seems pretty reasonable considering what I am asking them to insure. I did a quote on progressive online for laughs and it came back with 3685 per yr!!!!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I'm 27 with a clean record in NJ. $1400 for full coverage with Rider Ins. I know that State Farm offers it cheaper here in NJ, but you need to have an existing auto policy for them to insure you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm 28, clean record, mine is $639/year with full coverage including medical.

Jacob

·
Registered
285 Posts
36 years old, no tickets clean record $509.00 a year full coverage with State Farm Ins. Co. in Illinois.

·
Registered
72 Posts
24 yo
2 speeding (under 10)
1 following too close

Geico $4400 a year......
Proggressive was $8300

State farm will cover me when im 25 for $388 a year.. but with that third ticket and me under 24... no dice.

yeah tell me about it. Im paying an arm and a leg to ride this machine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
36 years old, married, clean driving record, My '05 Gixxer 1000 is a whopping $232.00 per year full coverage with a $1000.00 ded. through State Farm. I've been with them for almost 20 years.

·
Registered
313 Posts
im 36 years old and married, no tickets or accidents on my record. i pay a huge $26 a month full coverage for my k5. which is up from the $19 a month full coverage i payed for my 2002 750. state farm rules!
btw thats with $500 deductable

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Fucking NJ ass rapes you for ins.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
yup, worst state in the country for auto ins......

·
Registered
247 Posts
38 married, no tickets, 1 accident last yr on my 03 1k(Totaled) and still only paying 609 a yr full coverage.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
yup, worst state in the country for auto ins......
From driving here all my life I'm not at all surprised by this though.

·
Registered
283 Posts
HERE WE GO AGAIN,
EACH PERSONS HISTORY AND EACH INSURANCE COMPANY/ STATE HAS DIFFERENT REGULATIONS.
THERE IS NOT A BOOK THAT WE OPEN THAT IS 1 FLAT RATE FOR A CERTAIN BIKE BASED ON A CEWRTAIN AGE OPERATOR, IT IS ALOT MORE COMPLEX THAN THAT.
LIBERTY MUTUAL ASKS THAT WE COVER YOUR AUTO, AS WELL YOU BE OVER THE AGE OF 25 +LICENSED FOR 1 FULL YEAR.
WE HAVE GOOD RATES ON BIKES IN MY AREA, BUT THAT IS NOT TRUE THROUGHOUT THE OTHER 47 STATES.
GET INSURED BY 1 COMPANY FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS, AUTO, HOME, LIFE, BIKE ETC. IF THEY DO NOT COVER EVERYTHING, FIND SOMEONE THAT DOES, THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET A GOOD RATE ACROSS THE BOARD WITH MOST CARRIERS

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm 30, married, no tickets or accidents in the last three years, live in CA. I pay $154 every 6 months for full coverage and $50 deductible. I also have two cars, house and my 01 Gixxer 1k insured through them. BTW, I have USAA.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm 30, married, no tickets or accidents in the last three years, live in CA. I pay $154 every 6 months for full coverage and $50 deductible. I also have two cars, house and my 01 Gixxer 1k insured through them. BTW, I have USAA.
I'm swapping from USAA to State Farm on Friday, after 16 years with USAA. They are no longer insuring motorcycles....they have Progressive or Foremost underwrite their policyholders. I was quoted $1,400 and $1,600 through those two companies. I called State Farm and they'll insure my five cars and motorcycle for $360 a year more than USAA was for just the cars (45, married, no tickets or claims for those 16 years), plus State Farm will insure my house for less. Too bad USAA no longer wants us motorcycle riders' business.

·
Registered
602 Posts
32 years old married with mulitple cars and a house...................$126/year full coverage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ha i got you all beat. 21, 3 speeding(under 10) even though i have 2 dropping off this year. Progressive quoted me 11,260 for a 12 month policy for full coverage, yes you read right.....eleven thousand dollars!!!! i was like ha...ha...ha....ha. Needless to say they met Mr. dial tone. Right now im paying 1200 a year for liability. I'm shopping around right now b/c I really want full on my baby.

P.S. I hate all you asshats that have full coverage for like 30 bucks a month lol j/k

·
Registered
94 Posts
I switched from Progressive to Country Insurance & Financial Services. Country has me paying $312 for the year ($100,000/$300,000 - $250 deductible). I have one ticket (17 over in my car). Country is a fairly large company and insures in 42 states. They have a 24 hour hotline for accidents and a claim officer will respond within 24 hours of your call. I switched my vehicles from American Family to Country also. I listed their web site below for those interested in a quote.

http://www.countryfinancial.com/SiteController

·
Registered
57 Posts
Insurance rates are dependent on too many variables to compare on a forum like this.

The rates can vary wideley just by the area you live in. I live in the Central Texas and the rates are higher than a lot of places in Texas because there are lots of vehicle accidents and thefts.

What gets me though is the wide variance of rates between companies for the same person when you get a quote. I got quoted anywhere from 480 year to 5900 year when I was shopping insurance for my K4. I even went so far as to switch all of my insurance to State Farm from Farmers because Farmers was too expensive for the bike and SF required I carry my autos to carry the bike.

Then I found an even better rate with Nationwide for my bike and moved it to them. Farmers was cheaper for the cars and house than SF so I may wind up dumping SF for Nationwide or Farmers again.

Man I hate insurance companies.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts