Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am in Calgary, looking for "cheap" insurance if it exists. Doesn't seem like there are a whole lot of companies insuring sport bikes. I have been quoted at $1100/yr full cover with fire+theft. Anyone else find cheaper?

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
call blue circle insurance if you already haven't. i pay 700, full coverage w/ fire theft

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try them, apparently the price goes up accordingly to how much the bike is worth. Its too easy to make a claim, and we all pay for it one way or another...

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
of course... and i am insuring a K9 750 bought new in june '10 with about 2 grand into it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe 1 minor ticket, I've had car insurance for 14 years, first time for bike insurance though. Still seems quite high.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
yeah, considering this is only considered my second year of bike insurance, since there has been a break since my last, and it was still only liability on a shitty KLR that i could hardly afford to keep fueled

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got my best price with State Farm here in Edmonton. I have a 2010 gxsr 750 and I'm paying $636/yr with complete, full coverage with a $500 deductible.

I'm 31, I have a squeaky clean driving record, and this is my first year with my bike license.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am insured with Nordic. I've got a GSXR600, and I pay $589 with a $250 deductible. My hubby has a KTM RC8 and he pays $850, same deductibe. We go through BrokerLink in Edmonton. We've never made a claim though, so I'm not sure how good they are on that end....hope to never know. :dunno

·
I can count to eleven
462 Posts
T. I. G. in Edmonton. I pay 295 for the year everything but collision, 250 deductible. I have a 750 and this will be my 3rd summer with my bike licence.

edit.... I believe they use Intact Insurance if its any help.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
No talent eh-hole squid, who stunts in traffic wea
2,574 Posts
All depends on how many tickets, claims history, age, martial status, location, and of course the type of motorcycle as well as who you know...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize I'm a little late on this thread, but I thought I'd chime in for anyone still checking it out. I went through Costen and Associates in Calgary as a broker, and ended up with Echelon insurance. I paid $850 last year for full coverage on a 2010 RSV4, and as surprising as it is, it dropped to $441 this year for full coverage. I'm 33 with a pretty clean record. It pays to shop around, as the lowest quote I could find before that was $1850/year.

Good luck!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts