Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a newb and i am looking to buy a gsxr 600 within the next month, my record is clean and i was just wondering what people close to my age were paying cause ive heard some outrageous prices so let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
886 Posts
good luck bro... its gunna be $$$

But if you can get on your parents family plan you can prob get a good deal.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Im got my bike when I was 18 (month ago, im 19 now) Clean record, parents have 2 cars and mine on their insurance (state farm) and I pay $108 a month for full covereage , dont remember what it is a year, and Im too lazy to do the math. Thats for my sv650, might be a little more for a gixxer 6... not sure

·
Registered
135 Posts
Your going to pay atleast 2 grand for a sport bike being that your 18 with no experience. If i were you i would get something used. VERY VERY cheap. I probably wouldn't even cover the bike either cuz that is where insurance agencies rape you. Also i would be surprised if you found anyone that would insure you in the 2 grand range. I would be more then willing to bet that you will pay 3 grand or more. That is what everyone one wanted from me was 3 grand. I called state farm and got a awesome deal. I am 23 with no tickets or accidents.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Im a newb and i am looking to buy a gsxr 600 within the next month, my record is clean and i was just wondering what people close to my age were paying cause ive heard some outrageous prices so let me know, thanks!
Does this answer your question?

You're screwed either way dude. I can say this, they are worth every penny.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
i would just get a used 600 and rock that for a few years, or even pick up and sv650, and if not, prepare to break out some

because they are gonna fuck the shit outta you

·
Registered
528 Posts
i would just get a used 600 and rock that for a few years, or even pick up and sv650, and if not, prepare to break out some

because they are gonna fuck the shit outta you

·
Roll over and play dead
849 Posts
Damn, I'm 29 and I pay almost 2 grand for ins through progressive. I have the MSF discount multiple vehicle and all. better go to SAMS Club and get the case of K-Y cause your gonna need it

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wholy crap! You guys are getting SCREWED! I'm 22 years old, 1 accident and 1 ticket on my record, but I have multi car discount and my parent's have their house insured there so I get a discount there too. I'm on my own policy, not with my parent's or anything, and I have full coverage and I bought the bike brand new last May. It's $35.89 a month or $430 a year thru Country Companies.

·
21,546 Posts
Damn, I'm 29 and I pay almost 2 grand for ins through progressive. I have the MSF discount multiple vehicle and all. better go to SAMS Club and get the case of K-Y cause your gonna need it
I dont think progressive offers an MSF discount. Also, that is way to much with someone your age. I live an shitty location, and im 22, and thats almost as much as im paying, you should check with state farm, im sure they could beat that

·
Registered
127 Posts
aright look. im 20 years old. i pay $94 a month for FULL COVERAGE. state farm man. they dont offer medical insurance, which is why its so cheap. im in the military, so medical is taken care of. keep them in mind man

·
Registered
84 Posts
Narcissistic: man you need to call Geico. I just got insurance through them Sunday. 28 clean record, MSF,......$883.00 a year!!!! Progressive quoted me about $1800. WTF Screw Progressive!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just got a quote from progressive for me for liabilty with comprehensive and they quoted me at 1500 a year!! which is awsome thank god !!!

·
21,546 Posts
where do you live, that plays a big part. also, if you are still in school, you could qualify for good student rates, i would check with them

·
Roll over and play dead
849 Posts
When I called to get the bike covered they ask about the course so I assume they gave a discount for it. Only problem with switching right now is that I just got a ticket last week for 30 over, hard to get a good rate when that is so fresh. They gave me 2 quotes on the bike. one was for 19xx.00 and the other was for like 900.00. I took the 19xx.00 one but shit. I'm going broke from just paying Ins. guess i need to go by some K-Y. damn maybe I will go shop around before the ticket goes on my record.

·
Registered
115 Posts
22 years old, 05 sixxer, 1 speeding ticket and 1 accident on my record... $850.00 a year

1 - 20 of 39 Posts