Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting around to install this race glass after a year... just wanted to check how everyone else installs tank cover on the K6? Do you use thin strips of foam to stop scratches/rubbing?

I’m thinking i’ll use 3M dual lock to secure it (the same stuff that holds the tank infill panel).

Cheers

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,580 Posts
What are you trying to protect against? A Stomp Grip plus a tank pad is normally enough. You might get some ideas here.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Finally getting around to install this race glass after a year... just wanted to check how everyone else installs tank cover on the K6? Do you use thin strips of foam to stop scratches/rubbing?

I’m thinking i’ll use 3M dual lock to secure it (the same stuff that holds the tank infill panel).

Cheers
It will most likely scratch the tank if you don't fully protect the tank. Try to find a a cheap tank if you want to keep the current tank for later use.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not necessarily trying to protect the tank from anything, was happy with the TechSpec and carbon tank protector it had... I only want the tank cover so the paint matches the rest of the race glass without having to respray the actual tank.

Thinking more on it, I might just sand down the jaggies from the inside of the tank cover then spray it with Plastidip, thin rubber coating should help stop any vibration damage. (And hope no fuel gets spilt between the cover and the tank...)
Or maybe just put clear vinyl on the tank first.

Just thought there might be a standard type of install method. Only reason I was thinking along these lines was that I found thin foam strips under the carbon tank protector... not sure if they all use them, this was from Geelong Carbon Craft (Aussie company).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
mugget
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing