Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a heated grip kit, and am going to probably install it tomorrow. I just can't figure out where I should mount my switch, I have a round flush mount rocker switch, and a regular ol' toggle switch, not sure which one to use or where i should mount it on my 06 600. Any ideas??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
00rngr said:
in the trash........imo......they aint no goldwing........granted i get a lil chilly but buy sum inside gloves for the inside of ur gloves
Are you serious...wtf dude. I do ride with liners, but when it gets cold heated grips are nice to have no matter what bike your riding.

·
Registered
136 Posts
To each his own...I think its a pretty smart idea, personally, but of course not everybody is going to agree. Where did you get the kit? Do you have a link?

As for the switch: I would use the smallest one possible. Ditch the toggle switch and go for the flush one. Depending on how big it is, I would say mount it somewhere on the black plastics, around the gauges if it looks out of the way and tasteful. Otherwise, just put it in the back under the cowl/seat, or maybe look into some other switches to fit your taste and location on your bike. They are pretty cheap and there is a lot of different kinds and types. Just my 2cents...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
91Gix said:
To each his own...I think its a pretty smart idea, personally, but of course not everybody is going to agree. Where did you get the kit? Do you have a link?

As for the switch: I would use the smallest one possible. Ditch the toggle switch and go for the flush one. Depending on how big it is, I would say mount it somewhere on the black plastics, around the gauges if it looks out of the way and tasteful. Otherwise, just put it in the back under the cowl/seat, or maybe look into some other switches to fit your taste and location on your bike. They are pretty cheap and there is a lot of different kinds and types. Just my 2cents...

I want to use the flush mount one, it is pretty small. But I can't find a spot for it. So I may just have to make a bracket and hook that onto the mount for the brake fluid. I don't want to put it under the seat/cowl, because then I have to stop to turn it off/high/low.
I got this kit http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit1.htm

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Porsche8746,

I'm in the same boat you are. I have a set of dual-stars on order and should receive them any day. I installed a pair on my other bike (ZZR 1200) and used the toggle switch. I simply drilled a hole on the inner black pannel piece (clutch side) and mounted the switch there. I plan to do the same thing on the gixxer. You will love them and they will extend your rides / allow you to ride a few degrees cooler.

That's the first mod I would do to my bike. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
emillard said:
Hey Porsche8746,

I'm in the same boat you are. I have a set of dual-stars on order and should receive them any day. I installed a pair on my other bike (ZZR 1200) and used the toggle switch. I simply drilled a hole on the inner black pannel piece (clutch side) and mounted the switch there. I plan to do the same thing on the gixxer. You will love them and they will extend your rides / allow you to ride a few degrees cooler.

That's the first mod I would do to my bike. ;)

I think I found a great spot for it. I will post pics when I get it mounted...if it works out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.