Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to install a Akrapovic EVO full system.
1. What do I need to do up front (remove the radiator - for easy access to head bolts) ?
2. Should I piece the exhaust together prior to putting on the bike or 1 piece at a time while it is on the bike working from the head bolts first towards the rear ?
3. When I take off the stock set valve what do I need to do / beware of so I don't get any codes in the display ?

I did a search in F.A.Q. so if you have positive advice to the above I would appreciate it and if nothing positive then don't talk shit
Thanks,
Jeff

Maybe, this can be put in the F.A.Q. section

·
Registered
941 Posts
remove the side fairings...

you don't have to remove the radiator, but remove the bolts that hold it close to the motor and then just push it forward, but be careful not to bend the fins on the radiator....

I would put the hearder together (Don't know about the Akrapovics, but mine has a piece before the mid pipe where it goes 4 into 2 and I had that hooked up also with the springs).

Then after thats installed, just put the mid pipe on and then the can....

Under your seat is the wireing harness, you need to remove the brown wire with the black stripe thats in the corner of the harness....go to bugman's web site and it will show you how to do this and pics of the wire and harness. After locating the wire, I used a paperclip to push out the white plug that holds the wire in (Plug is right next to the wire). Come in from the bottom and push the plug out. Then I used a set of needle nose to remove the wire (Don't cut it). After you remove the wire tape it up real good with some electrical tape. Good luck and let me know what your numbers are if you take it to the Dyno...

·
Registered
422 Posts
For the extra work involved in actually removing the rad, it makes the jobs so much easier. It also ensures you don't catch the fins of the rad. Thats how I did it

·
Registered
941 Posts
I agree with you on that. I'm just stating that you don't HAVE to remove it...One reason that i'm glad that I didn't, was because my headers didn't seal up right away and I had to pull everything back off to torque the header screws down some more......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts