Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Installing Fender Eliminator

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BillV 
#1 ·
Okay guys, I feel stupid even asking this, but can I just cut the wire that goes to the stock fender brake/lisence plate light? I have a tst bracket for the plate and although I should, dont really care to have a lisence plate light. Is there a better option or just cut it or what? Thanks. Don't flame me too badly.

#4 ·
Depending on year/model the license plate light lead may plug into the wiring harness. Cutting the lead is seldom a good idea. There are license plate bolts with an internal LED that work fine, especially when used with a spacer to move them further away from the plate (mine are about 11/32").

Alternately never ride at night.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and cut it after tracing it to nothing but the fender. I did it nicely so I should have no issue wiring in a light. Never have run a lisence plate light in 7 years of riding with no issues. I'm not much of a night rider anyway. I understand the risk of it...a warning around here. Cops don't really flame you here on stuff like that. It's the speeding they don't like so much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.