Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done this? just looking for information on it what will be involved & which frame would be best as i know of several different frames available & i have found 2 busa complete enginies also with extended swingarms can neck angle be slightly changed to bring handling back? anyone with ideas on it? or do i just have to start experimenting? im hoping for some insight before i go into this blindly
thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
407 Posts
LOL, now we're talking. Good luck. I nkow you have to shave a little of the frame on the 00 to 03 600 to 1000 swaps. And I think it's safe to assume that a Busa motor is larger than a 1000 motor. Question is how much bigger. I know it's been done. Do a search on it. I saw pics of it once. I know they had to cut the stock front mounts out and the welded in the mounts off another bike so they'd line up. It looks stock from the outside till you take off the fairing. Kinda cool. I think it was built to run some type of outlaw class. If you can find the old post there is a link to a website for a speed shop that did the work.

·
Registered
849 Posts
maxv.org has done a couple and also Terry Macnitosh of Macintosh fabrication (not sure of spelling) has aslo done a couple they usually charge around 1500-2500 just to fabricate the motor into the frame and I am not sure if you could get the busa in the 6 or not.

·
Registered
349 Posts
it will fit . there's a guy that done it . go get the may super streetbike mag . he's located in NC. when i get home from work i'll post the name of his shop on here for you.
That would be Lee Shierts of Lees Performance. That bike supposedly makes 350 hp. It has a 1397 kit with nitrous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ty i have already made contact with him & i will be planning to do this this summer & it will rock..... black wrinkle powdercoated frame & 10inch over swingarm semi glosst black body work. black wheels.... just a grungy looking 600 with a long haired bearded harley biker dude riding... unless you read this post you wont know what hit ya......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.