Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the hefty bike brace and i'm pretty impressed with it. came with all the necessary parts and even a lock. install took maybe 30 min? i didn't have a hammer drill so instead of buying one, i bought up a $4 masonry drill bit from home depot and used my black & decker power drill. the back wheel is secured by the brace, the front wheel is chained to the building support beam, and the scorpio alarm and dowco cover protect the bike at night. i know it's not 100% safe from those cock sucking thieves out there, but i figured every deterrent should keep my bike in my possession just a little while longer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looks pretty good. Aren't you glad that you had to spend all that cash on all those security items instead of mods to your bike, just b/c some members of society believe that they can take what ever the hell they want? I hate those motherfuckers! Waste of space and money they all are.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Since you seem pretty worried about security, run a chain around the swingarm or frame. The rear wheel isnt hard to remove.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the bike is parked outside. i'm getting the axle guards so no one can fuck with the rear wheel

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
comes with 6 security bolts that secure the brace in place. i drilled out the heads so no one can unscrew them, or you can fill them with concrete.

·
Registered
209 Posts
IgNiTe600 said:
comes with 6 security bolts that secure the brace in place. i drilled out the heads so no one can unscrew them, or you can fill them with concrete.
Good step. It would have been nice if the manufacturer had provided a cover plate so the bolt heads were inaccessible when the wheel was locked in place.

KeS

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do you ever use stands? How would you deal with getting the bike off the tires?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kevin_stevens said:
Good step. It would have been nice if the manufacturer had provided a cover plate so the bolt heads were inaccessible when the wheel was locked in place.

KeS
that's a good idea. i might drill a plate over the heads. my rear tire already covers about 4 of the center bolts

TheGixxerMan said:
Do you ever use stands? How would you deal with getting the bike off the tires?
cant use stands. i use my bike as a daily driver so i dont really use stands much unless i gotta do some work on the bike. after that, it's back in the brace.

Cestode said:
Now buy a ratty ass bike cover to put over the top. The rattier the better. If they can't see what it is then they won't even bother.
right now i'm using a dowco cover. out of site = out of mind.

·
Registered
203 Posts
a buddy of mine used blue tarp to cover his bike. other then being totally waterproof it made it look like there was some piece of shit under there. is that bike brace better then those ground anchors?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i did a lot of searching around for ground anchors and most of them looked like crap compared to the bikebrace. dont bother with the anchors that you have to attach a chain to, because chains can be cut. the quality of the brace is excellent and it's massive. i picked it up for $149 shipped from bikebrace.com. ask for Jay, mention you're part of gixxer.com and he'll give you free shipping.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks simple enough to make your own, if you have welding skills..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts