Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my 2007 gsxr 600 was running fine 2 weeks ago until the battery died. i recently bought a brand new one and now the bike wont crank over or start. Is there any ideas i can look into maybe fuses? Starter? i turn the key and all lights come on, my clutch is engaged, and in neutral.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,783 Posts
Check the Ignition and Fuel fuses with an ohmmeter. They can look OK but be bad. Does the fuel pump prime? With the ignition, etc. turned on, measure the voltage between the O/W lead on the dealer mode connector and the battery's negative terminal. It should be the battery voltage.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,922 Posts
well thef 1 code light has been on since ive put on the aftermarket gp exhaust
So, no. You know what's smarter than ignoring an FI light? Fixing the problem. You know what's almost as smart as that? Not making fallacious assumptions about the source of the FI light.

Go check it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i checked all the fuses by the battery and the battery voltage, the battery is brand new from the dealer, also checked the 30a fuse on the solenoid , the tip over sensor is fine, the kickstand button too is good

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,783 Posts
Some errors reset when you turn the bike off until they're detected again. That's what happened if you were seeing FI but now see c00 in dealer mode. If the pump primes but won't crank you should have power to the ECM. Use the diagram on 9-12 of the service manual to determine what's wrong. It could be corrosion on the start button or a faulty clutch switch. You could check if the Y/G lead at the solenoid lead jumps to battery voltage when the start button is pressed. You could also check the Y/G for continuity to ground when the clutch lever is pulled (no start button!) if you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the battery has plenty of voltage over 12 , i will check the start switch and clutch when i get home, its just kinda weird bc the bike started up fine until i replaced the new battery

1 - 20 of 27 Posts