Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much debate I decided to go w/ the Micron High Mount on my 04 1K. Installation was cake (hardest part was getting the damned Set Valve crap off).

My likes:
-Fit and finish. Excellent quality and fit.
-Ease of Install
-Inclusion of any all parts that you might even remotely need (signal relocation pieces for example)

My Dislikes:
-Not loud enuff. It's only a little louder than stock up to around 5-6K rpms, and above that its still pretty tame. I honestly expected a bit more growl from it. Anyone know if this thing is gonna get any louder after a few miles once it's heatcycled and broke in a bit?
-I have to alter my foot postioning on the right side. I usually ride w/ my toes on the pegs, rather than the arch of my foot. It's just more comfortable for me and it prevents my boot from dragging during heavy lean/sharp cornering (it only happened 2-3 times...so now i've got a mental phobia of it). But the intermediate pipe obstructs me from riding like that. Guess I'll just have to get used to either riding pigeon toe'd or with my arch back on the pegs again.

But besides those two issues....I'm very happy w/ the pipe. I'd would still recommend it to anyone.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
One of the things I hate most about highmounts is that ridiculous near vertical midpipe up the side of the bike. You might try chopping a couple inches off the can for some more db's. Look up a post by nemesis, he did this with his Micron high mount.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I agree with SPL170db...i dont like the vertical bend on the micron high mount.
I personally think the TIFORCE high looks damn good. They are comming out with a shorty pipe in June...I know that will look great

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
There isn't any high mount that looks good on the K5 apart from the Arrow on the Corser and Kagyama Superbikes in WSBK. Period
Ehhhh, I would add the Yosh Hi-exit to that as well.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
to answer your question - yes, the pipe will get louder as it breaks in
HOWEVER, no NOT expect a night and day difference...it will get louder, but only slightly....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There isn't any high mount that looks good on the K5 apart from the Arrow on the Corser and Kagyama Superbikes in WSBK. Period
I agree. I have a K4 though

IMO, there isn't ANYTHING you can do to make the K5 look good. I love Suzuki (had several)...but think I'm gonna bounce after my K4 is done. I know there's more to it than cosmetics...but for $10K, It'd be nice to enjoy looking at my bike too.

JohnyB-
Thanks...any improvement in decibel level will be welcomed.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I agree. I have a K4 though

IMO, there isn't ANYTHING you can do to make the K5 look good.

Totally disagree.

There is a lot of things you can do to make the K5 look bad

·
Registered
334 Posts
I disagree.....I did a ton of research and went with the Full Titanium TiForce System. I've gotten nothing but compliments on it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well.. this is a high mount remus.. the mid pipe was custom made by the first owner.. How do you guys like it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heres mine. I love the highmount but I took the arm that goes from the frame to the pipe and bent it inward. I twisted the midepipe toward the swing arm and it made the can point alittle in toward the tire. I looks awesome, but it wobbles a little at speed. My buddy pointed it out. Thats all I can say for the fit. As for the sound, it will get louder. Mine did for sure!! I love it.
Brian

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Andreas-
I really like the looks of the Remus pipe. Do you have any other pics from different angles?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well.. this is a high mount remus.. the mid pipe was custom made by the first owner.. How do you guys like it?

[image]http://img70.exs.cx/img70/8920/gsxr11529my.jpg[image]
I think the welds on the midpipe look like shit....but other than that it looks pretty good

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nice pics of all the pipes gices me some ideas for my bike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts