Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Help guys....... My bike was rattling like hell so yesterday me and a mate spent all day installing the ape cam chain tensioner we thought we did everything right but when i took it for a spin the rattling was gone but at idle the bike wont idle properly ......i turn the idle knob up many times but it wont up to 1k rpm..and i can here loud clicking noises ..the bike sounds kind of like a train.....Could it be the cam chain being too tight....? we set it at the recommended setting from the instructions on the ape tensioner package ...also my gasket was leaking abit ...and i notice my throttle cable had like 5 strands left on it....Shit....my bike is really fucked up now ....

·
Registered
900 Posts
Sounds like what happened with mine so I had to retighten as the chain was not sitting nicely in the guide so check this. That said Cam chains can stretch so you need to check the tension all the way round. Did you take notice of how tight the chain was before you took off the other one and tighten to this spec if it was still working. The oil leak is cause you didn't seat the seal where it is supposed to or it is old and perrished so check and re-seat/replace if necessary. As for the throttle cable replace it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it expressed to me the next day ..thanx alot starter...but now my bike is in worst shape then before......With my bike is it possible that the engine is running on 2 cylindes or somthing cause it sounds very slow and it just dies..

·
Registered
900 Posts
I hope you have the Suzuki Manual. But I'm thinking you may need to check the timing to make sure nothing went wrong where you had it open. The sticky thread tells you how to do this I think, but since not at home with the manual the only thing I can remember is to turn the engine dead centre........this could be wrong...........and count 15 pins on the chain. Any way either get the manual and check or post again and I'll get the pages from the manual down.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep i got the manual... the bike is up and running now ...theres still a lttile knocking sound but i think its nothing to worry about ...Thanx for ya help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts