Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys needing a shock replacement this is a nice alternative. I just finished this mod on my buddied 1100 fighter... and hold your comments on the total packega because it is a work in progress. It will soon be getting a new paint job including the wheels, and it'll get Triumph-style headlights (cuz the ones on it now are just so he can ride it around and not get in shit with the cops).

To do it you have to re-form the battery tray like pictured, remove a small amount from the right side lower rear subframe, and then it'll bolt right in.Then mount the starter relay and ECU in front of the battery... we will be reinforcing the subframe at the cut-away point eventually (by welding in a plate to cover the gap), but as long as you're not scraping 12's or taking 400lb fat chicks on rides then it should not be a problem

The shock is obviously for a lighter 600 bike, but upon riding it around it actually feels better than the stock 1100 shock, not to mention it is a lot lighter, and once it's set up it should be a nice mod... especially considering that we got the 600 RR shock for free

Say hello to the rat fighter before she gets a full makeover

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks really good, i'll be keen to see it after the facelift. Make sure you re enamel the engine while youre at it. What are your plans for the paint job? Ive been playing aroung a lot lately with mine trying to settle on something. Im leaning towards white and pink with a pink pearl at the moment! Sounds abit gay i guess but it sure will stand out!

edmonds

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well so far the plan is similar to yours. It looks like the wheels might get oainted white tomorrow, and the bodywork we're still deciding on (but pearl white is a top contender). Looking for some cool triumph style headlights on e-bay now too... shouldn't be long till we get it done

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Is that battery in the 5th pic mounted sideways? If it is, you may want to get a mainenance free battery that won't leak. Just my .02. Troy341

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, i know about th ebattery. We got another one ready to swap incase this one leaks, but so far it's not a problem cuz the angle isn't great enough to make it leak......... so far anyways...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would be more worried about whats going to happen inside the battery to be honest.

With it sat at the angle it is now, the plates inside arent going to be fully submerged, so the battery is gonna turn itself inside out pretty quickly. Drop a gel-cell in there, or be prepared to replace the battery once every 2 months.

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya, we figured that. We got another gel battery all ready to replace this one when it craps out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts