Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a rs3 yoshimura exhaust from ebay. The guy said he checked with the dealer to make sure it will fit my bike. I tried to installed it, but the holes will not line up to the pipe. Is there something more to it than just removing the stock exhaust and bolting on the rs 3 yoshi?

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Do you just have the pipe and not the full system?

If you just have the Pipe:

- the '96-'99 750's and '97-'00 600's (a.k.a. the "SRAD's") use a 3-bolt system. The exhaust can has to have the 3 bolt locations. If the exhaust can you have uses four bolts, then it is for the new generation gsxr's.

If the exhaust can you have has 3 bolts and it doesn't line up to your exhaust's bolts (assuming you currently have the stock exhaust system), then the exhaust pipe you bought from eBay is either:

1) Not for Suzuki
2) For another Suzuki/gsxr generation

[ 10-24-2002, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: migz123 ]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The can and the pipe has three bolts, it might be for another GSXR. The seller said he checked with the dealer, and they told him it should fit.
Originally posted by migz123:

- the '96-'99 750's and '97-'00 600's (a.k.a. the "SRAD's") use a 3-bolt system. The exhaust can has to have the 3 bolt locations. If the exhaust can you have uses four bolts, then it is for the new generation gsxr's.

If the exhaust can you have has 3 bolts and it doesn't line up to your exhaust's bolts (assuming you currently have the stock exhaust system), then the exhaust pipe you bought from eBay is either:

1) Not for Suzuki
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The can and the pipe has three bolts, it might be for another GSXR. The seller said he checked with the dealer, and they told him it should fit.
Originally posted by migz123:

1) Not for Suzuki
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
If you have a dig cam could you please take a pic??? Please let us know what color the pipe (not the can) is... If there are 3 bolts on the can to the pipe it sounds like you got robbed... If there are bolts on the can to the pipe it sounds like it is a stock header with a bolton can..

John

·
Registered
59 Posts
yeah a pic would sure help. If you can return it to the seller and are looking for a pipe, let me know. I have one for sale. Its an RS3, polished with only like 30 miles on it. It is perfect and I now do not have the bike anymore. Email me at [email protected] if interested. I will be posting this in the for sale forum too.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts