Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i've done a couple of trackdays, gotten my knee down but never really felt 100% comfortable with the way my knee and hip stretches out.

I found this vid about where the foot position should be, for your INSIDE foot.

thoughts???

That is what i've thought about doing, but i've never tried it.

Reason is this. 5years ago i first bought my k8 750. I'd been riding about 2 years at this point, i was on a zx2r and a duc 748.

Once i was riding with my foot on the end of the peg like shown in the vid and my foot hit the ground on a corner and sort of "kicked" the bike out, as in the back tyre sort of slipped a bit, as my foot became almost wedged between the peg and the ground, it seemed to lift the bike up a bit.

Ever since then i have never tried it again, too worried it will kick out.

So, just wondering, what is your thoughts on the above vid? Take it on board and should be ok? just dont put as much pressure on my foot etc?

thanks any verbal help/diagrams/vids appreciated.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*edit* i have always had my foot position totally on the peg, so IF anything was to hit the ground it would be the peg first not my foot. but yeah doesn't feel 100% comfortable. I've put my foot as shown in the vid and that feels really comfortable, but on the track, never ride like that at all, too worried the bike will kick out.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
If I sit on the bike and rotate my hips into the turn, this position is very natural and provides flexibility to put my knee out.

The only problem I've had with touching my toe occasionally was right turns. I've got size 12s and if I get lazy and don't pull them back enough on the peg, I'll touch. Not fun when not expected but does not destabilize anything (except mentally).

I'm guessing my right side only problem is because my left foot is always moving forward and back for the shifter and getting repositioned. I think I'm letting the right foot creep ahead a little as it does not have as much to do. No problems as long as I pay attention to my right foot position before tipping in.

If you feel like your foot is getting pulled under the peg when it touches, my guess is that your foot is too far forward on the peg.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Balls on end of pegs is best for shifting body side to side in cornering and at 150 plus tuck speeds on straights. The issue arises on left hand sweepers when you have to shift in the corner as you're leaned. It's less of a problem with a gp shift pattern but you still have to get your boot down under the bike to shift. I get my foot caught every once in awhile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts