Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post in a long time. I picked a 03 gsxr. Was originally a 600. Guy I got it from thought it was all original and so told me thats what it was. After purchasing the bike. Driving it home and diving into it to repair oil leaks I noticed it doesnt have the right look. So found the engine code and its a 750r from a K3 gsxr. Has throttle bodies from a 1000. Which somewhat explains why it felt more powerful then it should have and is over powering the clutch springs @10kplus rpms. That bing said I have since weeded out of the guy that he got a it from a father and son who built it for a race track and when he bought it he put street plastics and street tires on it..... Now to the inector issues. I got a set of injectors for a 750. (It also said could be used on busa.) I installed them but bike is acting like its not getting enough gas. On a hunch I tried tracking down the old injectors part numbers but it kept coming up with injectors for a honda s2000. I am really confused. Have any of u heard of someone doing this? What should I do? Where do I go from here? I am half tempted to say screw it and put carbs on this bike but I dont really wanna do that.

·
Squid
3,564 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought the throttle bodies on the 750 were bigger than the gixxer 1k...? On my k7 750 I have dual 50mm throttle bodies. Correct me if I'm wrong, which I possibly am mistaken.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,628 Posts
"Which somewhat explains why it felt more powerful then it should have and is over powering the clutch springs @10kplus rpms."

Baloney. Something's wrong with the clutch. The problem you're experiencing sounds just like what Brock experienced early on in this:

"the old injectors part numbers" These are the Suzuki part numbers or something else?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I havent been able to use the app to check on the post. It wouldnt load...

Yes the springs on the clutch dont seem to be strong enough. I replaced it with a stock 750 clutch basket hub and springs. Before the previous clutch went out it did not slip.

By part numbers I mean the numbers and letters on the old injectors. They look exactly like the stock injectors I bought but seem to have a much higher flow rate. Also update since was screwing with injectors they stopped leaking... So decided to leave them alone for now.

I'm not sure about the size of them since I havent measured them and havent done a ton of research on them but they are from a 1k. That much I do know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts