Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. Thank you for the replies you've always given to my posts. Does anyone know of any sites on the web that are offer any specials on power commanders. I have a 99 750, so the only model I can get is the PCII. I noticed that K&N had a blowout sale which included shipping and handeling for $145. I called and they told me they were out of stock. Anybody seen this?
www.knpowersports.com or (https://secure.oc-net.com/ecomm/kn/pc.cfm

Thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got one of the last on their deal, but you can usually get them on ebay for about $160-175.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NoLimits63...Thanks a lot. I will see what I can find. Hopefully I can find a new one on ebay.

Thanks again.

Chris

[ 08-20-2002, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: webprogramma ]

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yeah check e-bay. My friend order one from K&N for his RC51. He was upset when he got it the unit was broken and was a race only unit. Which required the HRC ecu. Needless to say they apologized for not noting it was the race version and sent the money back after they recieved the unit from him.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey, when i called for my pc for my 98 gix, they said they were out, all they had was the one for "race modified" motors. i did some digging and found that the race mod one was the same as the other one, just had a different map.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by Danny Never:
Hey, when i called for my pc for my 98 gix, they said they were out, all they had was the one for "race modified" motors. i did some digging and found that the race mod one was the same as the other one, just had a different map.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Same here. I called up K&N, ordered the "race only" PCII and uploaded another map and it works like a charm. Damn that beast is smooth!

·
Registered
645 Posts
yeah, always check Ebay first. You'll usually find something there that is cheap and legit. That and you do have protection agaisnt fraud if you use a money order or Paypal. I dont' entirely like Paypal mind you, but it isnt' a half bad idea. That and look for motorcycle shows that have vendors actually selling stuff. Sometimes you can work a deal with them. Or if a friend has a biz license and a shop at all, see if he can carry a distributor catalog and order your shit for you for cost. That's the way I do things otherwise.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot for the info guys. I will check KN for some race versions and also EBAY. I haven't seen any on EBAY yet for a 99 750.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts