Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K5 750 with aftermarket LED indicators, when indicating right both flash fast, when indicating left both are dim but normal speed and the tail brake light flashes with them. Is it worth getting 4 new indicators the same brand as front and back are currently different any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So today a bit of fault finding on the rear indicators at least the resistor pack on the left side indicator gets warm and indicator still looks as if 50% of the leds have gone but the brake light still ticks along with the left indicator also front left looks as thought leds have gone could this be to do with the resistor pack or is it the indicators themselves ?

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,451 Posts
I don't think it's the indicators. You have a wiring problem somewhere. The reason left isn't flashing fast is because of the extra load in the tail light. On the 05, the tail light had nothing shared with the signals so you've got something crossed up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think it's the indicators. You have a wiring problem somewhere. The reason left isn't flashing fast is because of the extra load in the tail light. On the 05, the tail light had nothing shared with the signals so you've got something crossed up.
Awesome thanks I myself haven’t done the wiring but what you said would explain why as it looks as though the tail light has been wired to draw power from the indicators I shall get a Haynes manual and sort the wiring. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts