Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you at? I am looking to ride with some guys this year as I rode 95% by myself last year. All I could find last year was squids, that's all there is in my area. No helmets, shorts, riding through town and parks. My childhood friends that ride....um own bikes won't ride much either. One considers a ride going a few stop lights or riding through the park. If I can pull him away from the city it's just for a short time and he damn nears stops on what little twisties we have. This is the one who constantly bugs me about joining the club he belongs to. He is more concerned with looking good for the girls, wearing his vest and all. I did manage to get him to wear his helmet more.

The other two are worse than him. One has a 05 R1 that has a whopping 3k miles on it. The other bought a '09 Busa earlier in the year and managed to put 1k on it most of was in town. I love to ride and spent the majority of my free time on my bike last year. I am not into the poser thing or drinking and riding nor am I into drugs or anything illegal...well going a little fast at times but in the right spots. I am located in North Central Indiana, Kokomo...Muncie...Anderson area. But I have ventured all over. I am looking to ride with a few other people this year. I did take a few rides to Cincy and Southern Indiana with a guy from work this year and it was fun but he has a crusier and can't hit the twisties like a sportbike can. If there is anyone around these parts that truely love to ride and don't mind a tag along from time to time please LMK, I'd like to learn a few things.Thanks...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im just south of you and we have a good number of people. Im about 1 hour south of indy lots of perfect roads like Tell city 66 and 62 twisty river also 450. Just hit me up be glad to have ya.

·
Wants to blow a dude named Benjamin
808 Posts
I'm in Northern Indianapolis and ride south to Bloomington almost every weekend. When the weather warms up feel free to join up!

I also do track days at Putnam Park, and since it's the only track in IN you should make it down for at least one weekend a year.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bro! Are there good roads down there ? I MAY make a trackday this year just depends on some other things going on. I will hit you when the weather gets better as I had already planned on riding alot in southern Indiana this year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I don't know what your age group is, but I'm 18 and me and a bunch of my friends ride in the New Castle/Muncie/Anderson area. We're always looking for new people to ride with. Hit me up if you're interested.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am from Greenwood (a bit south of Indy). Unfortunetly I am in freaking Japan right now!:banghead I am in the Navy and my 4 years is about up. I should be back in the good ol' midwest in early Aug. Just in time to catch the last few months of riding season. I acutally just bought a k5 750 the other day and had my buddy pick it up for me. I sold my first bike (SV650S) 2 years ago when my ship got stationed from VA to Japan. So, I havent ridden back home for quite a while. But once I get outta here I will def be looking for some good people to actually RIDE with, not just parkin' lot pimp all night!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Talked to my folks last night and they said it was finally starting to warm up and the snow was just about melted. Anyone get out there and do any riding yet?

·
Premium Member
17,163 Posts
I grew up about 40 miles North of Terre Haute, and go back to visit once or twice a year. US41, SH234, SH341, SH47 :punk DAMN good ridin' in that area

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duff, I went to school in Vincennes and 41 seemed to be a straight shot at least until Evansville. I dunno about the other roads but I may expolre them if they are twisty.

I did a little last week, only to pick my bike up from a shop in Kokomo, I road it for 30 minutes back home on Monday. I had to reroof a rental the last three days and it sucked to hear and see all of the guys riding! I should be done tomorrow and what do you know? it's suppose to rain all weekend...

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Greenwood,In here ten minutes south of indy. if you want to ride the area let me know. Not into the bs. Also I have mutiple distance trips planed this year to travel.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Where at in gwood? I'm in the center grove area...

·
Premium Member
17,163 Posts
That's right around where my dad used to live before he moved to Danville. Hornaday Drive I believe was the street he lived on

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hmmm... doesnt sound familiar. My neighborhood is off of Olive Branch.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts