Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'m thinking about getting a full exaust system

I've been contemplating about getting the Yoshimura RS3 oval exhaust system. I read another post reguarding a slip on and if remapping is needed. Right now I have a stock exhaust system with a micron slip-on.

Going to a new exhaust, are my air/fuel ratio's going to change dramatically to the point that I need to change the fueling maps? I also plan on installing new NGK plugs and a K&N air filter in the process. I work a lot with tuning honda engines (stand-alones and what not) so I understand what changing air flow does to an engine. I'm just a little new when it comes to motorcycle engines.

'01 gsxr 600

Thanks

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Re: I\'m thinking about getting a full exaust system

Save your money.
The performance gain you'll get from a full system on a 600 isn't worth the money unless you're racing. You'd be better off changing your final drive ratio or, better yet, doing an advanced riding course.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

one down on the front is the way to go right? slightly less top speed, more power out of the hole? i'm thinking of doing this if i'm correct.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts

one down on the front is the way to go right? slightly less top speed, more power out of the hole? i'm thinking of doing this if i'm correct.
What size bike do you have, Ian? Here's a post I put up about how gearing can affect a 600.

If a full system is put on, you really DO need to remap it. Otherwise you will be wasting your money. Only by getting the right A/F will you see the true benefits out of the exhaust improvements.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

Hmmmm. I was thinking the same thing. 2000 6er. Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts