Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you buy your pants? Seriously.

I have been drag racing my bike all season and my girlfriend had no interest in racing, until I told her she could run faster times then me most likely because of her weight :banghead :lmao

Anyways she is all of 5' 2" and 115 if that. (She has her license and can handle the bike, before I get any stupid comments) We were looking and I don't understand girls sizes when it comes to this stuff, and she isn't 100% sure either. Is there a store that has a good return policy if it doesn't fit and she needs a different size?

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
what kind of jacket does she have? she'd need something that zips in and generally brands don't cross over well.

look into alpinestars, joe rocket, dainese, vanson...all make very good pants and jacket combos.

ixs also makes some nice one pieces.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang man, I just sold my leather pants :( . . . they were Joe Rocket XS . . . they had hip padding & knee armor. They were XS . . . I'm 5'2 110 lbs so you might start there :)
uggg :sad

Well that is at least a starting point :) thank you! :punk

·
Registered
34 Posts
How much do you want to spend? Custom may be the best bet to get the right fit but it will be more expensive. The cheapest custom leathers I know would be PilotUSA, a custom suit will cost you about a grand.

As mentioned, you may have problems shopping piece by piece and with a 2 piece suit you're always running the risk of it splitting in half in a high speed crash like at a drag strip. You will definitely need a 360 zipper all around but even those aren't much of a guarantee as they are some times only sawn to the LINING not the actual leathers.

C

·
0 Posts
I have an Alpinestar's ladies one piece...Julie is the style. I'm like 5'3" & 115, & it fits great. Main thing for her small frame is getting a ladies suit, not a man's, b/c the cut just won't fit right on her tiny frame, even if it's a smaller size.

·
Wants 2 b one of the guys
432 Posts
Try them on in the store first. Cycle Gear has a great selection, then you can price shop once you know what works in the brand.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts

Is there a store that has a good return policy if it doesn't fit and she needs a different size?
Check out newenough.com. They have lots of great photos of their stuff, extra information, will answer questions about gear, and have a great return policy (no restocking fees!). Down side is they don't carry all brands. If you can find a pair in their bargain basement of the closeouts section, you can get some great deals.

C

·
0 Posts
Check out newenough.com. They have lots of great photos of their stuff, extra information, will answer questions about gear, and have a great return policy (no restocking fees!). Down side is they don't carry all brands. If you can find a pair in their bargain basement of the closeouts section, you can get some great deals.
I doubt you can find something her size there. I looked on their site many times when shopping for leathers & never found my size on close-out. Got them cheaper at a local Houston shop called Motorcycles Unlimited. Cheaper then anywhere online I looked.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I doubt you can find something her size there. Got them cheaper at a local Houston shop.
Yes, the bargain basement tends to be limited sizes, although I'm her size and have found several great deals there in leather. Usually I find their prices on brands that won't discount (like Alpinestars) to be comparable to other sites, unless the other site isn't being honest that it's the prior year's model.

I'm 4 hours from any shop that carries something besides Harley stuff, and even then, rarely find my size or style I want in stock. It doesn't help me if they have to order it. You're so lucky to have someone local!

·
Registered
7 Posts
For any type of racing I'd strongly recommend a one-piece for safety purposes. Because of her size she won't be able to find anything appropriate in men's suits and would need extensive alterations. Several manufacturers are finally on board with producing women-specific suits. Some of these manufacturers are:

Alpinestars (Makes 1 and 2-piece)
Arlen Ness (New 1-pieces came out last year)
Dainese (Several women's models)
Spidi
Teknic

There are others, these are the ones I've seen in person or worn myself.

I'm 5'4", 120 lbs and wear a US size 4 for normal clothing. My Spidi Euro size 42 suit fits me off the rack like it was custom made for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep, Newenough is pretty awesome... I got a wicked good deal on an icon leather jacket. Saved about $100

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have been drag racing my bike all season and my girlfriend had no interest in racing, until I told her she could run faster times then me most likely because of her weight :banghead :lmao

Anyways she is all of 5' 2" and 115 if that. (She has her license and can handle the bike, before I get any stupid comments) We were looking and I don't understand girls sizes when it comes to this stuff, and she isn't 100% sure either. Is there a store that has a good return policy if it doesn't fit and she needs a different size?
HIYA MATEY I USED TO HAVE A MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIE SHOP AND SELL WOMENS CLOTHING, HAVE TO SAY JTS MOTORCYCLE CLOTHING ARE REALLY GOOD AS YOU CAN USE UK SIZES I.E 8,10,12 ETC THE SAME AS NORMAL PANTS AND THEN YOU CAN OPT FOR LEG LENGTH, EXTRA SHORT, SHORT, REG ETC, I DID SELL JOE ROCKET TO AND IT IS MY LEATHER OF CHOICE BUT YOU DONT GET LEG LENTH OPTION, YOU CAN ALSO TRY THE SHOP J N S, I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE TO GIVE YOU SHOP OPTIONS, OR WEATHER YOU WANT LEATHERS 1 OR 2 PIECE, WITH A LITTLE MORE INFO I CAN PROBLY HELP YOU A LITTLE BETTER, CHEERS LIZA

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
HIYA MATEY I USED TO HAVE A MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIE SHOP AND SELL WOMENS CLOTHING, HAVE TO SAY JTS MOTORCYCLE CLOTHING ARE REALLY GOOD AS YOU CAN USE UK SIZES I.E 8,10,12 ETC THE SAME AS NORMAL PANTS AND THEN YOU CAN OPT FOR LEG LENGTH, EXTRA SHORT, SHORT, REG ETC, I DID SELL JOE ROCKET TO AND IT IS MY LEATHER OF CHOICE BUT YOU DONT GET LEG LENTH OPTION, YOU CAN ALSO TRY THE SHOP J N S, I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE TO GIVE YOU SHOP OPTIONS, OR WEATHER YOU WANT LEATHERS 1 OR 2 PIECE, WITH A LITTLE MORE INFO I CAN PROBLY HELP YOU A LITTLE BETTER, CHEERS LIZA
caps lock, liza. it is your friend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts