Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to say whats up to everyone... i just got my first bike a few days ago (05 gixxer 600), ive been ridin dirt bikes for years but this is my first street bike.. just lookin for any tips that anyone may have... also any good websites to buy things from.....and also the main question is that since i just got my bike i need to take the license plate and bracket off to clean up the back of my bike....any suggestions how to do that. i know that suzuki sells the kit but any othe ideas... also any other things that i should do considerin i just got the bike.

appreciate any help

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
welcome to the GDC club.

and to answer your question, you don't need to worry much about the undertail. More like, hack the back piece and make it smaller so there isn't any mud flaps.

As for what to read, read the sticky posts on this forum.

Where to buy stuff? go to the group buy section, they have tons of stuff on sale from our support of this site.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Read read read..........

Welcome to GDC!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the Clear Alternatives integrated tail light for my '05 gixxer 600 and it's awesome. Pretty simple to install too. Just unbolt the 4 bolts on the rear fender and take that hideous thing off. Install the new tail light and mount your license plate (this is the only place where you might have to get a little creative). I bought 2 small "L" brackets at the local harware store for about $2 and mounted them with the existing bolts from the fender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.