Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'m kind of disapointed in my new 05....

What were they thinking when they redesigned this seat. I have an 2003 GSXR1000 and that seat was spot on when it came to comfort. Suzuki made a step backward with the seat. I went on a 150 mile trip this past weekend. After about 1 hour I wanted to jump off this bike while I was rolling at 100mph. I want a new seat. No one has a replacement yet. I can not wait so it looks like I will be modifing this one myself.

Next is the Dame mirrors. What are these usless things even on my bike for? I will be changing them asap. I can not ride with out mirrors.

The last but not least is the huge vibration I'm feeling. This things vibrates a lot. Did they forget to put the counter balancer in this thing or what? If I wanted to vibrate like this I would have bought a Buell. I checked the Major Clutch adjustment and the clutch is adjusted just right. So what gives? What don't my 03 vibrate like this?

To be honest I have thought about selling this 05 and keeping my silver 03 (18500 miles).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: I\'m kind of disapointed in my new 05....

if its like a cbrr6 seat, thats painful...i love my 01, the seat is softer than than 03-04, try corbin seats website; maybe they have a replacement...are the mirrors that bad? im gonna wait for the 06 to see if they work the kinks out

·
Banned
7,214 Posts

What were they thinking when they redesigned this seat. I have an 2003 GSXR1000 and that seat was spot on when it came to comfort. Suzuki made a step backward with the seat. I went on a 150 mile trip this past weekend. After about 1 hour I wanted to jump off this bike while I was rolling at 100mph. I want a new seat. No one has a replacement yet. I can not wait so it looks like I will be modifing this one myself.

Next is the Dame mirrors. What are these usless things even on my bike for? I will be changing them asap. I can not ride with out mirrors.

The last but not least is the huge vibration I'm feeling. This things vibrates a lot. Did they forget to put the counter balancer in this thing or what? If I wanted to vibrate like this I would have bought a Buell. I checked the Major Clutch adjustment and the clutch is adjusted just right. So what gives? What don't my 03 vibrate like this?

To be honest I have thought about selling this 05 and keeping my silver 03 (18500 miles).
First of all, they didn't make the 05 gixxer for comfort.

Second, they didn't make the 05 for everybody..

Third, from what I been reading about the 05, it is the pure chit for sportbike riders!!!

Fourth, can't wait to get my hands on one.

Dam, I am dam near 70, and I ain't looking for no dam comfort, get me around the corner swiftly and sure footed, that be what I want.. complaining about the seat on a bike like this!!
WTF!!!

Sheesh, they should have made the 05 with a board for a seat, that way, it will keep all the whatevers away from this prize peice of machinery...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I contacted corbin and Sargent about the seat already. neither of them are working on one yet.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Third, from what I been reading about the 05, it is the pure chit for sportbike riders!!!

Dam, I am dam near 70, and I ain't looking for no dam comfort, get me around the corner swiftly and sure footed, that be what I want.. complaining about the seat on a bike like this!!
WTF!!!

Sheesh, they should have made the 05 with a board for a seat, that way, it will keep all the whatevers away from this prize peice of machinery...

Really, you shouldn't speak untill you ride one. I have been riding sport bikes for 16 years. The last 4 bikes (5 years) have all been Suzuki. This is not a Suzuki seat it is a Honda seat. You might have more years on me but I know what I'm talking about. Maybe you are a rider that only rides for less than one hour at a time (probably have to stop to take a piss or empty that bag of urine). I usually ride all day long. It will be a little hard to do that when my ass is raw from this seat. I ride a lot I have almot 20,000 miles on my 2003 and I live in Michigan.

·
Registered
386 Posts

WTF!!!

Really, you shouldn't speak untill you ride one. I have been riding sport bikes for 16 years. The last 4 bikes (5 years) have all been Suzuki. This is not a Suzuki seat it is a Honda seat. You might have more years on me but I know what I'm talking about. Maybe you are a rider that only rides for less than one hour at a time (probably have to stop to take a piss or empty that bag of urine). I usually ride all day long. It will be a little hard to do that when my ass is raw from this seat. I ride a lot I have almot 20,000 miles on my 2003 and I live in Michigan.
Well, I'm standing from the side and the old man does make a few good points.

I've been riding since I was 8; street since I was 13 (abroad riding enduro). I'm 35 (6'/200lbs), coming out of a 2 year retirement from bikes and I just had the chance to sit on the '05 and saw nothing significantly wrong with it. I can see 150mi. nonstop trips before a fuel/leak stop, all day long. This bike will be broken in in a couple of days

All I can say is, for every problem there is at least one solution.

My suggestion?
Get a set of biking shorts with padding. Wear them underneath your riding attire and see if that works. It'll probably cost you around $25.

Maybe you also need to change your riding position more often during the ride because even if you're sitting in the same position in your office chair for too long you will develop disconfort

·
Registered
60 Posts

Well, in the past two weeks I've managed a total of 5 days riding to Ark from Texas and hitting the twisties up there. Over the 5 days I did just over 3000 miles with no seat discomfort. As far as the mirrors, they work great in the twisties. The slight downward tilt allows a great view of the twisty behind you so you can keep up with what is happening behind you. I will agree they are not too great on a straight slab, but not many sportbikes have excellent rear view glass. And this bike was not designed to be a tourer, but it can be and I'm considering selling the busa.

6' 230 and 55 yo that finds this bike to be just about the most perfect fun machine.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts

Have no problems with the seat.

The narrower shape makes it a lot easier to move around which suits me fine.

We all have different preferences towards a bike, but this is a race replica more than anything else and to me all minor glitches like the mirrors etc.. are overshadowed by the total fun it is to ride this bike

·
Registered
6 Posts

I gotta yellow and black 05, had a silver 03. I love my bike so far. But for me, I notice a distinct difference between the 2 bikes. The 05 seems to have been made with almost ZERO regard for street riding. It there was ever a true race replica this is it. I'm 5'11, 195.

I have no vibration either. The seat is not great, but my 03 seat wasn't either.

I agree with you on the mirrors. I've thought about scrapping them too, but I really like the integrated signals.

I wish I had waited for your post before I bought my bike.

·
Registered
116 Posts

The reason they made the seat harder is so that you can feel the bike moving underneath you. It gives you a lot more feedback on what the bike is doing.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

WTF!!!

I put in about 3 1/2 hours straight on Sunday and the seat didn't bother my ass any (pun intended).

·
Registered
409 Posts

I love the bike but after 200 miles with about 10 mins kick stand time total, my ass was killing me!

·
Registered
113 Posts

I rode 325 miles of twisties on Friday and another 325 on Saturday and and my butt didn't hurt at all. I was actually thinking this is one of the best stock seats I've had.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Oh, and mine is very smooth. If you're getting a lot of vibration, you need to get it looked at.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

Did you guys realize that you can pull those mirrors away from their shell and that gives you more adjust ability?

·
Premium Member
839 Posts

I tried pulling the mirror away from the shell. How much force is needed? I was afraid I would break it.

As far as the bike, The seat is very comfortable. No complaints there and I like how they made it narrower. The bike fits me well as I am 5'8" and feel like I'm more part of the machine than my 02 750 which I thought was an awesome bike.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts