Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I have been posting my full work of my 1000k6 in forums step step but now I am at a point I don't know what to do, this is the 6 time the engine willl be out .
I have a 1000 k6 I am turboing it.
The engine so far is on the bike fully mounted but does a strange whine on decel, have checked con and crank bearing,thrust bearing I farked up the first time as the where wrong inserted...new ones in and with its tolerances by book.
Since there the part list is as follows

- new engine block as the old one had scores to nikasil (incl the lower half, matching cases)
-wossner low comp pistons
-wossner rods
-cometic 60thou
-all engine bearings new in its tolerances (plastigauge)
-high volume oil gear
-high pressure relief valve
-plenum from M.turbos
-deka Injectors,upper
-walbro external fuel pump
-aem fuel regulator,rising, 1:1
- Garrett 2871r oil rest.1mm and water cooled
-mechanical scavenger pump
-clutch n springs
-bov and WG, bov set to very soft and WG has 8-10 psi spring...but this doesnt matter atm
I'm leaving the wg open and just running the engine for now...ah...no sediments in oil

Any help is appreciated, been working a long time on it and at the end.... gremlins

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is the link to the video with the noise

·
Registered
445 Posts
Is that just the sound of your turbo winding back down some?

Sounds good to me.

I'd zip it up and send it!

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's doing always even with the wastegate open, after couple of runs it does it sometimes now

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean with zip it and send it?

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now it's fully closed, have a smal oil leak I might think of the breather bad sealed, will check as soon im back
I have also trouble running the deka 850 ones
Couldn't get others around here wanted 650 ones
Now im running stock with a 50 injector balance

·
Registered
445 Posts
What do you mean with zip it and send it?

LOL, I meant finish up your work, plastics back on, etc. and ride and enjoy your work.
I meant it positively.
good luck, with all the care and work you have put in, I hope it's nothing to be worried about or serious for the motor.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't adjust boost to 6...engine sputtering a lot....strange

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't get it tuned,sometimes it other leans out of then rich....getting crazy here...using wr autotune...tests are under wot

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,181 Posts
I was jealous of your skills and ball-size as I followed your build, since turbos aren't known to be easy weekend DIY undertakings and can be challenging to dial-in. At least you didn't blow it up on day 1, which we've seen happen*. One guy also did an absolutely beautiful job installing a supercharger... and blew it up promptly.

I notice you don't even specify which country you're in. There are shops that specialize in building such beasts. I know of one such shop in the NYC area who has done some pretty amazing builds, which have proven to be stone-axe reliable.

*speaking of which, has anyone ever heard from @Tater Tot Wee Woo?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Can't get it tuned,sometimes it other leans out of then rich....getting crazy here...using wr autotune...tests are under wot

I've loosely followed this build, as with anything you want done right, its not easy. I say keep at it, just don't be affraid to take your time with it.

This could be anything, check vacuum leaks, make sure you're FPR is connected/plumbed correctly, check fuel pump wiring/voltage it is recieving, is it constant 12-13v?

With the fuel balance change from 20/80? to 50/50 balance, it changes everything, remember there are other FI correction maps other than just the main maps. Numerous compensation maps, including secondary valves, air pressure/temp etc.. I don't have access to any mapping atm, but open the maps and go through them, I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys

The injector balance I shifted it as soon I see boost to 20/80 a lot early, lower are stock upper 850deka

Have checked vacuum and they are ok, 2 check valves are installed
Power is ok charger is plugged all time
Fuel pressure as base work point is 55psi
Even lambda engine tells.lean it has carbon rich plugs, unless uppers Injectors are iap related something must be wrong with my autotune,it can't be at one pull 11.5 and on the second 17.....I had a bad clutch switch that is fixed now....as leaving the clutch in secondary won't fire.
Im Also tired of the small as f corrections and the huge time wr takes to write ecu, it's good for a finished setup or normal tune but for turbo it take ages.... Will get a pcv for the fueling as ignition, stva,balance I mod in wr and rest (fuel) with the PCv.
If uppers are also iap related im thinking of a resistor to trick it into high power and tell uppers to go and tune from there....
Next step...pcv I can Almost change fuel on the fly and not to way 5 mins from write to write, cheers :)

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was jealous of your skills and ball-size as I followed your build, since turbos aren't known to be easy weekend DIY undertakings and can be challenging to dial-in. At least you didn't blow it up on day 1, which we've seen happen*. One guy also did an absolutely beautiful job installing a supercharger... and blew it up promptly.

I notice you don't even specify which country you're in. There are shops that specialize in building such beasts. I know of one such shop in the NYC area who has done some pretty amazing builds, which have proven to be stone-axe reliable.

*speaking of which, has anyone ever heard from @Tater Tot Wee Woo?
Hi le Skid
Im In Spain, I I'll tell you...there is no one here I would trust my engine.

I will be getting a pcv with the lambda module
As this will do life a lot easier for fuel.

Do you know if the PCv gives the duty cycle of each Injector? Rapid bike does but have an old one with Bosch 4.2 lambda...quite old compared to the new LSU 4.9

If pcv tells duty cycle of all Injectors it will also help me to check that uppers are firing when they are meant to

Cheers

·
Registered
424 Posts
How are the check valves setup? Are they on the lines going to the fpr?

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, fpr has its dedicated pressure supply, will draw and upload

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ill have to check some of my notes once i can access them. I'd delete the check valves as they appear to only be creating a boost leak, it appears you are running a factory iap? I have heard they can work (thus the check valves/boost leak), but it might be worth looking into a gm 3 bar sensor.

In the diagram it has a vent, what's that for?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I just remembered, try running the check valve with it on the same line as the IAP so the IAP doesn't see boost, only vacuum.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just remembered, try running the check valve with it on the same line as the IAP so the IAP doesn't see boost, only vacuum.
Damn...what a brain fart didn't think of that...
I will check compression today.
I have a 3bar map sensor but can't program it with woolich.
I had a sudden white smoke then nothing...runs good with stock map and plenum off run great.
Maybe the white smoke came from the turbo, as I have a mechanical pump to the crank and sits lower than turbo.... Im doing comp test to go sure.
Does the iap sensor also tell to fire uppers under load? If this does so,it explains why sometimes uppers don't fire or fire weak.

Thanks you

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All cyl have around 8.5 bar compression,so good there, low comp pistons and 60thou gasket

1 - 20 of 34 Posts