Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So odd, I had a 2006 CBR600 I bought new and I got like 32mpg, My 748 Ducati that I owned for 7 years always got 46- 48mpg. My K7 600 is at 27 to 30 is that normal? I don't have a fuel computer or a ECU flash and do have a slip on and K&N, Stock gearing.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,922 Posts
If you're not riding aggressively, no. If you are, then that's closer to normal. My GSXR 1000 gets about 42-48, with 42 being flogged on and 48 cruising, while my VTR 1000 would get 25 flogged on and 45-50 highway.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Hmmmm... I drive 68 miles to work one way. I rode to work three times in the passed four business days and i never thought to count my miles/gallons. I got gas before work, then put like $6.00 to top it off on lunch but i dont think i could make all 140 miles on one tank. Funny thing is, its only like $3 cheaper to ride the bike than drive the neon. Im curious now. I ride a k7 750 +1 in the rear, not cat, full yoshimura system and a pc3 (which im almost positive only has a baseline tune from dynojets website, not a full tune).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're not riding aggressively, no. If you are, then that's closer to normal. My GSXR 1000 gets about 42-48, with 42 being flogged on and 48 cruising, while my VTR 1000 would get 25 flogged on and 45-50 highway.
oh I have fun when I'm on the bike for sure, I don't commute with it just take it out for blasts around where I live. But did ride my Ducati the same way and I hear all the time that people get into the 40s. I only have a 600.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm... I drive 68 miles to work one way. I rode to work three times in the passed four business days and i never thought to count my miles/gallons. I got gas before work, then put like $6.00 to top it off on lunch but i dont think i could make all 140 miles on one tank. Funny thing is, its only like $3 cheaper to ride the bike than drive the neon. Im curious now. I ride a k7 750 +1 in the rear, not cat, full yoshimura system and a pc3 (which im almost positive only has a baseline tune from dynojets website, not a full tune).
I fill up every 100 miles and that's like 8 or 9 bucks about 3.4 gals. I always check gas mileage just because as my friends say I'm particular. Nice way to say I'm anal I guess :crying:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts