Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im 6\' and feel too tall for my 05 1k

is the solution new rearsets? does each manufacturer only make one setting? what woudl be the best for me? i

had an 02 1k i felt fine on but for me on the 05 1k the pegs are too close for my legs

·
Registered
428 Posts
Re: im 6\' and feel too tall for my 05 1k

It might just take some time getting use to it. I'm 6'4" on my k5 1k and I fit just fine. Non-adjustabel rearsets are going to bring the pegs up and back, which usually makes things mor cramped.

·
Registered
151 Posts

i'm 6'3 1/2 and at first was little funny feeling but now it feels great

·
Registered
33 Posts

is the solution new rearsets? does each manufacturer only make one setting? what woudl be the best for me? i

had an 02 1k i felt fine on but for me on the 05 1k the pegs are too close for my legs
I'm 6'3'' and on the same boat, i don't know if i can live with my legs so bend.

Damn Suzuki engineer!!! We are not all some 4'8'' japanese!!!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts

I'm glad I'm 5'9"!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

i guess i will give it a month or so to try and get used to it

i only have 200 miles

i do know i need a gel seat, the hour ride to work has my ass hurtin by the time i am there

so who makes the best rear sets????

·
Banned
2,254 Posts

I'll make you a deal...my 03 for your 05. I'm sure you will feal much much better on the 03

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

well guys as mention before this bike has a mind set of being a track bike first, street second. i think i like it better in that order. you tall freaks could just go ahead and get a larger paddings on the seat to make it higher. some suerbike racers do that on their bikes

·
Registered
10 Posts

I'm 6'6 went 200 miles yesterday fits me better than my 01 1k. The seat however is very narrow and hard after a long ride.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts

Try a really thick lambswool cover. That will raise you a inch or so up amd uncramp the legs just enough that you may be able to bear it......I know I can't, but i'm 6 foot 3 with fugged right knee....
Si.

·
Banned
87 Posts

As soon as I get my "LE" I will be able to tell.. 6'4" .. I tried it on the floor and seemed to be fine to me, I still have to ride it couple of hours in a row to be sure.. My busa will definitively be more confy, but then I didn't buy the K5 to get comfy just brought it to be BADASS TRACKING!

·
Registered
108 Posts

6'6", pickin my bike up tomorrow. Sat on many of em, and its noticeably smaller than the K4 and prior. Keeping my fingers crossed it will still be comfortable.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Vortex rear sets will let you go lower and further back. This may help, may not. Typically for cornering you want to raise them and move them further back.

·
Registered
919 Posts

I'm 6'2" and I feel like the bike still fits OK, but when I duck down to try and squeeze under the windscreen for those 150mph+ runs, my helmet sometimes touches the windscreen... aside from that, of course the seat will have to be replaced, but I actually like the peg positioning better on this one than my k4.

·
Registered
28 Posts

I'm 6'5" and 240 with an 05 1000. After 2000+ miles my only complaints are the front brake radial master cylinder makes adjusting the lever impossible and the stock windscreen sucks for taller riders. I got a suzuki gsxr windscreen last weekend installed and the buffeting is gone. The suzuki aftermarket screen is taller and sculpted differently. I took off the gay rubber edging that came on the screen though. The aftermarket screen functions better but the gsxr emblem isn't centered and looks funky but hardly anyone ever notices. On longer rides I start fidgeting alot from being cramped and in the twisties I have nothing but praise for the ergos on the 05.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts