Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Illumiglo gauges from www.sportbikelights.com for like $69 plus shipping and insurance, came out to like $76. I thought wow...thats cheap compared to every other place I seen. So I bought them...Well...to make a long story short, I ended up waiting 25 days!!!! They didnt give me a tracking number until I asked for one, and it was USPS, and it didnt tell me where the package was. They told me it was sent Priority mail, and I said It doesnt take weeks to get from california to florida, and they told Me I had to wait until it was 30 days past due, and then they would claim it as lost mail, and send me another. Well...5 days short of 30 days, it comes. Of course I started a bunch of shit on ebay, and paypal telling them I never got the package. Whatever, I would have rather paid a little extra money and got the shit 3 weeks earlier then to go through this bullshit of not knowing what the hell is going on.

Anyway..the pics...

First the Before shot.

Next was the tear down.....

Then I had to dissasemble the gauges to put in the Illumiglo Inserts. Oh...and it says that you dont have to remove the needle.....BULLSHIT. The hole on the illumiglo faceplate is smaller then the Needle diameter, so I had to take it off. And was a pain in the ass resetting it...

Now the After pics.

I also had to splice 2 wires into the low beam power wire, and ground. But that wasnt as big as a pain in the ass as taking the front fairing off, or calibrating the rpm needle. Anyway...ITS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Illumiglo Gauges FINALLY Installed After a 25 day wait!!

Thanks Durien!, I forgot to add some clips. Not that I really need to, but I'm paying for alot of bandwidth, I might as well use it on something.

Guages1

guages2

yeah, I noticed I need to increase my rpm by 500 so dont pick...

·
Registered
115 Posts

I've wanted white-face since the day I got my bike... although after seeing what you went through to get it in, I think I'd rather wait till winter and let www.bluegauges.com do it for me as well as a blue light in my speedo.

looks great though

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

it looks kick ass man!!

·
Registered
654 Posts

They do look great!
Looks like that's another thing that should come from the factory that way

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,049 Posts

I was one of the original pre-orders on the Indiglo gauges when they were first made for bikes.
It was a big deal here on GDC because a member got together all the orders and worked with the company to get them tooled up and made. I think a bunch of doods flaked and homeboy shelled out for the extra dough and had to make it up in the long run.
Anyway, I never installed mine because it took so damn long I didn't have the bike anymore when I got it.
I gave it to a friend as a gift and the reason I'm posting is to say that his started flaking out after a few thousand miles. Never heard anyone else complain though, and it looks as good as it did back in 02.

Oh, and also to say that they were made for GSXRs alone before any other motorcycle.

·
Registered
297 Posts

damn, that looks sweet!!! i am definately gonna have that done!

·
Premium Member
887 Posts

Looks good! Almost like mine. I got mine done through bluegauges though and had a few LEDs changed. You should have had to take the upper fairing apart that much to get your gauges out, but it was probably easier that way.

·
Registered
505 Posts

Those gauges are tight! Didn't know they made them for our bikes... Wish they weren't white in the daylight, if they just lit up that way and stayed black they'd be even tighter.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Those gauges are tight! Didn't know they made them for our bikes... Wish they weren't white in the daylight, if they just lit up that way and stayed black they'd be even tighter.
The white looks ok, I probably would have liked them to stay black, but look red and blue at night instead of white in the daytime. I wonder how hard it is to replace the led's for the speedometer.

And I probably didnt have to take the front fairing off like I did, especially now I know where the 2 bolts are that hold the cluster on. Still would have had to take the needle off, unless I made the hole bigger on the white faceplate. The wiring into the headlight was easy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.